By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 26th march up!

Carl2291 said:
SaviorX said:

5 million people were supposed to buy the PS3 without a single game.......

If people want to start comparing the 3DS to the PS3, I'm more than happy to go down that road.

I think it's normal for expensive items to not sell tons of software at first. I rememer the PS3 going through the same thing back then. 

btw:

PS3 first week in Others:

527k consoles, 329k software. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

lol PlayStation Move Heroes flopped.

Good.

SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:
Beuli2 said:

Not really, I expected it all. Since all launch software sucks is bad, there's no way it would be high. Next weeks 3DS will drop like a rock.

Like a post above said, not everyone will have bought just 1 game. Some people will have bought 2, maybe 3.

It's possible that 50% of people who bought a 3DS didn't even buy a 3DS game, if these numbers are to be believed.

Are you seriously saying that you expected half of the people who bought a 3DS wouldn't even buy a 3DS game?

PS3 haz no games lolololol!

Above: still the best game of the year.

Strong 3DS kick-off, I like it. The PS3 has also made leading in EMEAA among consoles a strong trend, which I also like!

Nice 3DS numbers. How the DS still sold that much is beyond me. PS3 on top of the other gen consoles nice to see, and PSP hanging in there. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
docholliday said:
Carl2291 said:

Wait...

Only 280,000 units of SW compared to 439,000 units of HW?

That's.... Strange.

Thats exactly what my 1st thought was, SW has to be way undertracked. If 439k of HW was really sold I just cant see all those ppl buying the console and not getting any games to play on it.

theyre getting pokemon

I think a lot of people think the 3ds is nothing more then a new version of the ds like a dsi or dsi xl

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I bet a lot of the people who got the 3DS also picked up Pokemon Black/White or ther later DS games. People without DSi's would appreciate the additional features the 3DS provides.

Love and tolerate.

PS3 was a close second.

Carl2291 said:
SaviorX said:

If people want to start comparing the 3DS to the PS3, I'm more than happy to go down that road.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151631.html

"Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO David Reeves told the Web site he was worried less about moving units at the PS3's launch than he was about maintaining sales after early adopters had purchased their systems. "We have built up a certain brand equity over time since the launch of PlayStation in 1995 and PS2 in 2000 that the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even [if] it didn't have games."

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."