By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 26th march up!

Wait...

Only 280,000 units of SW compared to 439,000 units of HW?

That's.... Strange.

Around the Network

Impressive numbers for both Homefront and 3DS.

Carl2291 said:

Wait...

That's.... Strange.

Thats exactly what my 1st thought was, SW has to be way undertracked. If 439k of HW was really sold I just cant see all those ppl buying the console and not getting any games to play on it.

docholliday said:

Thats exactly what my 1st thought was, SW has to be way undertracked. If 439k of HW was really sold I just cant see all those ppl buying the console and not getting any games to play on it.

I seem to remember the same thing happening with Japan launch for the 3DS, but I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this. I'll have a check now...

Edit:
Just checked. Japan had 374k 3DS' to 344k SW.

SW for EMEAA surely does seem undertracked. Can't see 160,000 people buying a 3DS with no new 3DS game.

Wonder if ioi can post and give us a clue to what's happened

docholliday said:
Carl2291 said:

Wait...

That's.... Strange.

Thats exactly what my 1st thought was, SW has to be way undertracked. If 439k of HW was really sold I just cant see all those ppl buying the console and not getting any games to play on it.

Maybe they are waiting on Nintendo to release their big guns....  But even then it means that about 40% the people didn't buy a game. Tha t is assuming all the ones that did only bought one game. Once you take that into consideration I would say about more than half people didnt buy any games for it.  let's wait and see if there are any adjustments.

I am a nintendo fan, not a nintendo fanboy

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
docholliday said:

Thats exactly what my 1st thought was, SW has to be way undertracked. If 439k of HW was really sold I just cant see all those ppl buying the console and not getting any games to play on it.

I seem to remember the same thing happening with Japan launch for the 3DS, but I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this. I'll have a check now...

ebay

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

double post

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Just DS receive adjustment this week in EMEAA.

DS UP 3,879

Why is everyone freaking out over 3DS #s? It's first week, like that wasn't going to happen >.>

Carl2291 said:

Wait...

That's.... Strange.

Not really, I expected it all. Since all launch software sucks is bad, there's no way it would be high. Next weeks 3DS will drop like a rock. And then it will be so doomed low that even the DS will surpass it, like I expected in my ultimate prediction.

Above: still the best game of the year.