By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 26th march up!

great 3DS performance!

PS3 still dominating the console-market!

Crysis 2?pfff...

Around the Network
axumblade said:

3DS had a great first day

fixed for accuracy

Sales are gonna boom once everyone starts Face Raiding!!

I have to say, considering how well SSF4 performed on Amazon its strange to not see it in the top 10.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I thought 3DS was d00med?

Great start for it, beats my 400k expectations. Sad to not see a single 3DS game in the top 10 though :/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

chapset said:

I think a lot of people think the 3ds is nothing more then a new version of the ds like a dsi or dsi xl

This is my fear. Everyone seems to know it's out, but everyone sees it as just 'the 3D one', like the Wii is 'the Gamecube with the White Brick'

Over time it'll become clear that it isn't. Also, it's fully sold out here, in a 15 mile radius, so that's a nice start! Remember it was only one day though. But the DS and PS2 didn't have the best start of all time, now look where it is...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

3DS is expensive, has games built in and has the entire DS back-catalogue (including big recent games like Pokémon B&W). Those three probably combine to explain it..

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Beuli2 said:

Not really, I expected it all. Since all launch software sucks is bad, there's no way it would be high. Next weeks 3DS will drop like a rock.

Like a post above said, not everyone will have bought just 1 game. Some people will have bought 2, maybe 3.

It's possible that 50% of people who bought a 3DS didn't even buy a 3DS game, if these numbers are to be believed.

Are you seriously saying that you expected half of the people who bought a 3DS wouldn't even buy a 3DS game?

well, it does play DS games, doesn't it?

perhaps a lot of people just saw it as a upgrade like the DSi.

actually thinking about it i wonder if the Commercials made it clear that it is actually a whole new console. Maybe people were thinking it plays their old games in 3D now?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Carl2291 said:
SaviorX said:

5 million people were supposed to buy the PS3 without a single game.......

If people want to start comparing the 3DS to the PS3, I'm more than happy to go down that road.

You can't go donw that road, did you see the no entry sign?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Demotruk said:

3DS is expensive, has games built in and has the entire DS back-catalogue (including big recent games like Pokémon B&W). Those three probably combine to explain it..

Expensive is a matter of opinion, if you had $300,000,000.00, no way you'de think "hmm it's a bit much isn't it?

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Demotruk said:

Expensive is a matter of opinion, if you had $300,000,000.00, no way you'de think "hmm it's a bit much isn't it?

I think he was projecting against the average family income, not the average savings of less than 1% of the worlds population

Xenostar said:
Nintendogamer said:
Demotruk said:

I think he was projecting against the average family income, not the average savings of less than 1% of the worlds population

Well you don't have to have $300M,  you could have just about $10,000, and your still a bit loaded.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d