By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 26th march up!

Forget I mistook the Michael-5's comment.

Around the Network

thoughts on crysis 2 numbers? good/bad?

3DS launch in EMEAA is both very good, as absolute numbers, but also a little bit disappointing compared to Japanese launch, as sales:population ratio. If early news are true, though, American launch should be as stellar as the Japanese one from every point of view. Bad idea not making Prof Layton a launch title here too, with it 3DS SW would have most certainly achieved a tie ratio>1 at launch, beating Japan. Nice to see home consoles weren't damaged by 3DS launch, getting instead even a boost from their own SW launches. Minimum flection for PSP and small for DS and PS2 too. Excellent week, so.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Is 400k really that awesome ?

Where are those 1,2 M preorders from America and EMEA ?

Where are those 200k 3dses that were supposed to be sold in UK alone ?

Hell Wikipedia mentions PSP sold over 185k in it's first week in UK alone.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

cura said:

thoughts on crysis 2 numbers? good/bad?

On pair with others FPS released this year.

Killzone 3: 247,475 (PS3)
Crysis 2: 293,369 (PC/360/PS3)
Homefront: 291,337 (PC/360/PS3) 
Bulletstorm: 148,013  (PC/360/PS3)

Killzone 3 has the advantage of the single plataform... if it released in other plataform could be sold better... and Buletstorm sold bad.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:

Is 400k really that awesome ?

Where are those 1,2 M preorders from America and EMEA ?

Where are those 200k 3dses that were supposed to be sold in UK alone ?

Hell Wikipedia mentions PSP sold over 185k in it's first week in UK alone.

You need to consider the dates. This chart is based on week ending 26 March. The 3DS wasn't even launched in the US and only launched the day before in the UK (not sure what time of day) so there is not enough time for the official sales to be released before that week ended.

OT:  ...

Okay-ish 3DS sales, though I'm waiting for my 2D Mario for it to make a mass impact.

AWESOME! Pokemon BW's getting ahead of DP launch aligned again! 20m incoming!

On the sidelines, terrible, terrible 3DS launch. And they expected a 3.75 games per console attach rate....

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

RolStoppable said:
Immortal said:

AWESOME! Pokemon BW's getting ahead of DP launch aligned again! 20m incoming!

On the sidelines, terrible, terrible 3DS launch. And they expected a 3.75 games per console attach rate....

Who are they? Also, source.

Nintendo didn't? I don't remember where I got it. I just recall a 15m software prediction along with the 4m HW one. Could easily be mistaken...

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Why does the 360 version of a game (Crysis 2, Homefront) outsell the PS3 version of said games, in a region that is dominated by the latter console, sales wise.

Anyone?