By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 26th march up!

RolStoppable said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

3DS launch in EMEAA is both very good, as absolute numbers, but also a little bit disappointing compared to Japanese launch, as sales:population ratio. If early news are true, though, American launch should be as stellar as the Japanese one from every point of view. Bad idea not making Prof Layton a launch title here too, with it 3DS SW would have most certainly achieved a tie ratio>1 at launch, beating Japan. Nice to see home consoles weren't damaged by 3DS launch, getting instead even a boost from their own SW launches. Minimum flection for PSP and small for DS and PS2 too. Excellent week, so.

Give it another day and the tie ratio for the 3DS's first week in EMEAA will be above 1. Since this thread was posted the sales have already gone up by over 100k units.

If you mean the first full week counting seven days since launch, instead of the week ending as usually tracked by VGC, then it's quite likely. If you mean possible adjustment of the first partial week as tracked by VGC, well, that's not totally unlikely, either.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Buzzi said:
Zlejedi said:
Buzzi said:
Zlejedi said:

Is 400k really that awesome ?

Where are those 1,2 M preorders from America and EMEA ?

Where are those 200k 3dses that were supposed to be sold in UK alone ?

Hell Wikipedia mentions PSP sold over 185k in it's first week in UK alone.

Just one day sales? I know most people who preordered picked up their system on its first day, but still 1 day is different from a full week, look at Japan, in its first two days it sold pretty much 2/3 of the FW and Japan is the most frontloaded country...next week numbers should be still excellent (plus we should wait for further adjustements, like there have been for SW).

First week sales always are just 1-2-3 days (depending on region etc)

In US they'll be 6 days.

And anyway, I was not comparing 3DS launch with other consoles, just saying that FW means nothing about consoles sales. If Nintendo said that 3DS is the most preordered console ever for them, how could it possibly have a worse opening than their major consoles (DS, GB, Wii)? Only if the shipments were low, but I haven't heard of those problems in Europe like there have been in japan...

A bigger % of preorder sales compared to the grand total, maybe? It often happens with products hyped that much.

I'm not denying this, but as much frontloaded as 3DS can be it won't sell bad after its first day. And my point is that these sales are just first day sales (I would wait for Nintendo data, which usually comes just after the launch of a new important product). Going by this kind of analysis we should have called flop in Japan, it sold less than Wii and GBA there. Actually it's impossible to predict accurate numbers, but 3DS won't fall from most preordered console to the worst selling console of the last two generations...and as many of you said, it really needs games and time, people still don't understand the importance of 3D or how it's a completely new console, this process will take som time and Nintendo know it: if it wasn't for Japan the 4m mark was quite in the bag (1.4m Japan about 700k in a full week in EMEEA and 1.6m in Americas is not impossible).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

- Great 3DS debut !

- Good opening for Crysis 2

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

i don't know about other countries but what do people think about the 3ds uk ads

they seem weird to me people just saying yeah/wow this looks great and nothing else really

they should say/show you playing non 3d stuff aswell or mention the new interactive stuff maybe i've only seen one type of ad as i don't watch much tv

what do you think

Above & Beyond

It just doesn't make any sense that Homefront almost outsold Crisis 2. On its second week!

I dont buy that.

Crisis 2 is huge and I fink there was a EA press release confirming its sales are bigger than Dragon Age 2 and Dead Spaces 2.

I am fully convinced that Crisis first week clearly outsold Homefront first week. No doubt at all.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

It just doesn't make any sense that Homefront almost outsold Crisis 2. On its second week!

I dont buy that.

Crisis 2 is huge and I fink there was a EA press release confirming its sales are bigger than Dragon Age 2 and Dead Spaces 2.

I am fully convinced that Crisis first week clearly outsold Homefront first week. No doubt at all.

Outside of the PC world, the Crysis franchise, as a whole, isn't that big. It's only getting much of the buzz it's getting (on the net - I haven't seen much marketing for the game over here) because of it's push on visuals (very much like the original Crysis).

I don't imagine these numbers being too far off, but I could be wrong.

But Homefront is a big franchise?

First, Crysis is already a known franchise.

Second, the graphics debates all over the net gave this game free publicity and hype.

Third, EA already confirmed Crisis beat Ded Space 2 and DA2.

Four, in the official Swedish top-list of best selling games this week Homefront dropped off like a bag of potatoes and the PS3 version is even out of the top 20. Meanwhile Crysis is No 2 and No 3 (after Sims Medieval).

Perhaps people bought Pokemon B or W with the 3DS ... that's what I would have bought tbh, looks more appealing than the 3DS games on offer right now.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

I dont buy that.

Outside of the PC world, the Crysis franchise, as a whole, isn't that big. It's only getting much of the buzz it's getting (on the net - I haven't seen much marketing for the game over here) because of it's push on visuals (very much like the original Crysis).

I don't imagine these numbers being too far off, but I could be wrong.

But Homefront is a big franchise?

First, Crysis is already a known franchise.

Second, the graphics debates all over the net gave this game free publicity and hype.

Third, EA already confirmed Crisis beat Ded Space 2 and DA2.

Four, in the official Swedish top-list of best selling games this week Homefront dropped off like a bag of potatoes and the PS3 version is even out of the top 20. Meanwhile Crysis is No 2 and No 3 (after Sims Medieval).

I can't speak for Homefront on how big/small it is, but I can tell you that Crysis 2 isn't as big as you think. Plus, Homefront received much more marketing (at least here in the States), so that will also play a role. along with excellent word of mouth, which obviously helps.

Secondly, graphics will rarely push a game to sell like crazy. They play the small role (percentage) in moving units and generate buzz (mainly net buzz), but expecting something big based on that was bound to disappoint.

Lastly, Crysis is a known franchise, yes, but it's (again) not that big. The original Crysis sold well, but nothing Earth shattering and the majority of it's fanbase probably didn't hop over to the inferior console versions for the sequel.

Homefront excellent word on mouth on a 70% Meta? I've heard users say it's bad, only that its multiplayer is decemt.

Anyways I believe Crysis will sell minimom 4 million lifetime.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Homefront excellent word on mouth on a 70% Meta?

Anyways I believe Crysis will sell minimom 4 million lifetime.

I'm guessing Just Dance's Meta has flown over your head? As I generally say, Meta scores rarely tell the full story, and the fact that Homefront's sales have continued on a steady path should be evidence enough that gamers are liking it, thus it has good word of mouth.

In the end, Crysis 2 may cross 4 million (PC included), but again, that's nothing major (especially for that genre).

I meant PC excluded.

solid 3ds numbers, ds numbers are ok also

crysis 2 is lower than homefront 1st week? not suprised really

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...