By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 26th march up!

RolStoppable said:

Oh that. Yes, those forecast numbers are correct, but they are refering to shipments. A retailer stocking around four times as many software units as hardware units isn't too farfetched. After all, the consumer should have a varied selection to choose from.

I guess that at this point they'll prolly overstock software quite a bit since it's the launch period and they'll probably expect more software demand soon. Forgot to take that into account.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
gottalovethis said:

Why does the 360 version of a game (Crysis 2, Homefront) outsell the PS3 version of said games, in a region that is dominated by the latter console, sales wise.

Anyone?

Killzone 3. PS3 users buy more Killzone 3 over Crysis 2, Homefront and Bulletstorm... 360 users had only Crysis 2, Homefront and Bulletstorm.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

3DS launch in EMEAA is both very good, as absolute numbers, but also a little bit disappointing compared to Japanese launch, as sales:population ratio. If early news are true, though, American launch should be as stellar as the Japanese one from every point of view. Bad idea not making Prof Layton a launch title here too, with it 3DS SW would have most certainly achieved a tie ratio>1 at launch, beating Japan. Nice to see home consoles weren't damaged by 3DS launch, getting instead even a boost from their own SW launches. Minimum flection for PSP and small for DS and PS2 too. Excellent week, so.

You know in Europe we still miss Layton 4? Why launching 5 without the forth episode on shelves...and that is a DS game. The fact is that the 3DS won't have many system sellers this year, but many, many games so that even small sellers will be important to keep sales high. Right now people think "too highprice" or "no games" or "just an upgrade of DS"...but in the next months, with direct feedback, they'll change their mind and 3DS will enjoy good to great sales. After all, the remake of the best game ever is just behind the corner (obviously I'm referring to Zelda OoT) :P

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Zlejedi said:

Is 400k really that awesome ?

Where are those 1,2 M preorders from America and EMEA ?

Where are those 200k 3dses that were supposed to be sold in UK alone ?

Hell Wikipedia mentions PSP sold over 185k in it's first week in UK alone.

Just one day sales? I know most people who preordered picked up their system on its first day, but still 1 day is different from a full week, look at Japan, in its first two days it sold pretty much 2/3 of the FW and Japan is the most frontloaded country...next week numbers should be still excellent (plus we should wait for further adjustements, like there have been for SW).

Buzzi said:
Zlejedi said:

Just one day sales? I know most people who preordered picked up their system on its first day, but still 1 day is different from a full week, look at Japan, in its first two days it sold pretty much 2/3 of the FW and Japan is the most frontloaded country...next week numbers should be still excellent (plus we should wait for further adjustements, like there have been for SW).

First week sales always are just 1-2-3 days (depending on region etc)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Buzzi said:
Zlejedi said:

In US they'll be 6 days.

And anyway, I was not comparing 3DS launch with other consoles, just saying that FW means nothing about consoles sales. If Nintendo said that 3DS is the most preordered console ever for them, how could it possibly have a worse opening than their major consoles (DS, GB, Wii)? Only if the shipments were low, but I haven't heard of those problems in Europe like there have been in japan...

Buzzi said:
Zlejedi said:
Buzzi said:
Zlejedi said:

In US they'll be 6 days.

And anyway, I was not comparing 3DS launch with other consoles, just saying that FW means nothing about consoles sales. If Nintendo said that 3DS is the most preordered console ever for them, how could it possibly have a worse opening than their major consoles (DS, GB, Wii)? Only if the shipments were low, but I haven't heard of those problems in Europe like there have been in japan...

A bigger % of preorder sales compared to the grand total, maybe? It often happens with products hyped that much.

pezus said:
Boutros said:

lol PlayStation Move Heroes flopped.

Good.

Sorcery is our only hope now.

no there is another

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2780/4519384306_5cfd8e99b4_b.jpg

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Nintendo expected 4 million 3DS and 15 million software shipped, not sold.

Buzzi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

3DS launch in EMEAA is both very good, as absolute numbers, but also a little bit disappointing compared to Japanese launch, as sales:population ratio. If early news are true, though, American launch should be as stellar as the Japanese one from every point of view. Bad idea not making Prof Layton a launch title here too, with it 3DS SW would have most certainly achieved a tie ratio>1 at launch, beating Japan. Nice to see home consoles weren't damaged by 3DS launch, getting instead even a boost from their own SW launches. Minimum flection for PSP and small for DS and PS2 too. Excellent week, so.

You know in Europe we still miss Layton 4? Why launching 5 without the forth episode on shelves...and that is a DS game. The fact is that the 3DS won't have many system sellers this year, but many, many games so that even small sellers will be important to keep sales high. Right now people think "too highprice" or "no games" or "just an upgrade of DS"...but in the next months, with direct feedback, they'll change their mind and 3DS will enjoy good to great sales. After all, the remake of the best game ever is just behind the corner (obviously I'm referring to Zelda OoT) :P

I didn't know, the various versions aren't named with version numbers and I don't follow portables enough to know it if I don't happen to read it or other people tell me, but the fact that one of the best selling portable Nintendo series is stuck at the 3rd chapter in EMEAA when 3DS is launching with the 5th chapter confirms my criticism, that is just a small part of the picture, but, IMVHO, not little significant, as if it's perfectly normal that the SW library be still small at launch of new HW, not having one of the most important titles of the library available everywhere yet doesn't look a good move to me. Many early adopters are likely to buy more SW during the initial enthusiasm, so, while the vast majority of users will buy later, a few tens thousand SW sales could be missed if the already small launch line-up hasn't all its most important titles available everywhere.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!