By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 26th march up!

RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:
ethomaz said:

Fixed.

Anyway seems strange.

Was there an adjustment... Or is this a hint that it's time for me to go to bed?

Now 3DS software is at 350k. It just keeps getting better and better.

I will update the OP.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

That is kind of strange; I know several people who bought it, but most bought 2 or 3 games with it. I didn't get a game myself, but mostly because the only game that I really want is Super Street Fighter 4, and I already have it. The built in software and backwards DS compatability, and the promise of HUGE games very soon was enough for me to buy it now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

toastboy44562 said:
docholliday said:
Carl2291 said:

Wait...

Only 280,000 units of SW compared to 439,000 units of HW?

That's.... Strange.

Thats exactly what my 1st thought was, SW has to be way undertracked. If 439k of HW was really sold I just cant see all those ppl buying the console and not getting any games to play on it.

theyre getting pokemon

This.

Pokemon Black and White is the 3DS's killer app atm.

I remember when Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire hadn't released yet, most people were playing Pokemon Gold/Silver on their Gameboy Advance.

I don't think it's hard to believe that many people bought Pokemon isntead of a 3DS-game, i jsut wish Street Fighter sold more

I think N3DS didn't sold a lot software because there isn't a must have game till the moment, and because there is too much to do with N3DS alone that people don't need games for the first day.

I have a N3DS and I am a gamer, but in 2 days I played like 1 or 2 hours with games, and spend like 10 hours configuring, testing and playing with 3DS alone: AR games, StreetPass games, AR photos, photos in 3D, sound channel, Miis... it takes a lot of time and it's very fun.

Around the Network
Areym said:

Nice 3DS numbers. How the DS still sold that much is beyond me. PS3 on top of the other gen consoles nice to see, and PSP hanging in there. 

Because DS is high in value. For $129 you get access to one of if not the best gaming catalog we have seen. With 3DS you get a very small choice of games and while you can access thoose DS games its twice the price with currently little to offer in the games department. I bought a new DS Lite last night actually to keep for when my current one stops working.

Nintendogamer said:
Demotruk said:

3DS is expensive, has games built in and has the entire DS back-catalogue (including big recent games like Pokémon B&W). Those three probably combine to explain it..

Expensive is a matter of opinion, if you had $300,000,000.00, no way you'de think "hmm it's a bit much isn't it?

No, expensive is not opinion, expensive is relative. Relative to income and percieved value. I'm going by typical income of the expected market. It's expensive.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

How did Dead or Alive Dimensions sell 8k? It doesn't even have a release date.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/45695/dead-or-alive-dimensions/

LOL!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

How did Dead or Alive Dimensions sell 8k? It doesn't even have a release date.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/45695/dead-or-alive-dimensions/

LOL!

Probably a timetravel thing. IOI got his notes mixed up with the current ones.

Again we have a case of hardware outselling software. Do we blame shortages, or are people buying a 3DS in anticipation of upcoming games, and playing standard DS games in the meantime?

Good opening for 3DS, over 400k in 2 days.

LOL about GT5, had it sold 1,000 units less and it wouldn't have made the top 40 in it's best selling region. I know the 3DS just came out, but wow.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results