By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take your nostalgia glasses off: Games that were never good

Definatly Sonic Adventure, it was fun when it came out but trying it again after all these years it feels almost unplayable. I only played it for the Chaos...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

@d21lewis  l loved BAT however the original one wasnt that great. But 2 & 3 were vast improvements, imo. they were smoother and faster. but if you hated 1 i can see why you said screw it

I'll agree with Rol on Earthworm Jim.  I rented it once, beat the whole game in about a weekend, and never looked back.  The platforming wasn't great, the shooting wasn't great, and some levels were just weird and didn't play well.

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja wasn't that good either.  They tried packing way to much into that game, and I think it suffered becasue of it.  There was so much exploring to do if you wanted, but the game really punished you for it.  Lots of enemies all over the place, with some of them being very difficult to avoid.  The password system to continue your game absolutely sucked too.  I swear it someimes gave you passwords that must have been over 100 characters long.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

haxxiy said:

Ocarina of the Time and Final Fantasy VII

Oh man.

LOL are you TRYING to incite a riot here? ;)

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

You guys are confusing games that didn't age well with games you don't like. If I don't like Mass Effect 2 today 10 year down the road I will still not like it because it wasn't my type of game, not because it didn't age well. I think 2D games aged a lot better than early 3D titles but I will admit I think most older PS 1 titles, especially shooters and adventures, sucked. I don't think tomb raider was ever good and I only enjoyed Resident Evil 2 really. I played them though whether they were good or not because information on games werent as easily accessible. You went on what a friend said or a review in a magazine. Now you can go online and get thousands of opinions, watch trailers, play demos. We complain about rushed projects nowadays but I feel companies are held accountable for the quality of a game more today than ever before.

This is only my opinion.

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
binary solo said:

Nothing really springs to mind. I obviously didn't play too many games back in the olden times. I did play Tomb Raider, but at the time I didn't think it was all that. I thought it was OK, still do. I've got a few PS1 classics downloaded off PSN. So far so good. I bought FFIX which is the only PS1 game I've bought off PSN that I didn't play previously. I like it, though I haven't finished it yet. It's a wee bit of a struggle to get through a game where ALL dialogue is text based.

There was one game I rented which was utter crap at the time and no doubt it's got even worse with age. It was so bad that it's name has been wiped from my memory.

Really? must be a generation thing I prefer it text based. The only time I really enjoy voiceovers is when its still in Japanese with sub titles.

Nope it's a reading thing. I'm a slow reader. I don't mind a mix of text and voice dialogue, but I don't want 100% text dialogue in games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Doom.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

badgenome said:

Yeah, Snake's Revenge is awesome. Kojima really did a wonderful job... by having absolutely nothing to do with it.

Prediction: Rising will be the best Metal Gear since Snake's Revenge.

I hope you get raped to death by a herd of angry hippo's or something. Wait until I tell darth!

OT:

Resident Evil.

I don't think people become nostalgic over games which were never good.
 There are games wgich don't age well though.

Games4Fun said:
binary solo said:

Nothing really springs to mind. I obviously didn't play too many games back in the olden times. I did play Tomb Raider, but at the time I didn't think it was all that. I thought it was OK, still do. I've got a few PS1 classics downloaded off PSN. So far so good. I bought FFIX which is the only PS1 game I've bought off PSN that I didn't play previously. I like it, though I haven't finished it yet. It's a wee bit of a struggle to get through a game where ALL dialogue is text based.

There was one game I rented which was utter crap at the time and no doubt it's got even worse with age. It was so bad that it's name has been wiped from my memory.

Really? must be a generation thing I prefer it text based. The only time I really enjoy voiceovers is when its still in Japanese with sub titles.

I can agree on that I always switch to Japanese VA with Subs in Japanese Games if I have the option to mention the purity of the original product.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku