By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take your nostalgia glasses off: Games that were never good

@d21lewis: But I had to go to Vegan Academy!

@Ninpanda: Rat race could be frustrating because a slight miscalculation would mean the rat would instantly gain an insurmountable lead but it wasn't all that hard. Clinger Wringer gave me more trouble since you had to fight that stupid ball at the end (and the fact that you had to go through so many stages before getting to this one).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Halo.

@happysquirrel how about actually naming some EXCLUSIVE PS games to back up your thesis. RE was not will not and will never be exclusive to the Sony consoles. RE1 was on Saturn, 2 went to N64, 3 later to GC, 4 was GC first, 5 PS360. I dont know why people associate RE with PS, thats not even remotely true, unless were talking the spinoffs and those suck anyway. I find it interesting you didnt like RE till it went to GC, are you talking RE4 specifically, cause all the other ones were just ports or remakes and RE0 played just as clunky and slow as the PS ones, but it did look good

SvennoJ said:

Unreal Tournement

Fixed. Unreal the game was not good.

The BuShA owns all!

It pains me to say it as a former Sega fan boy but Sonic Adventures is terrible. I recently played the xbla version at a friends and I was shocked at how poorly the game has held up.

Shenmue sucks. Yeah thats right I said it, and you know what I don't even feel bad condemning its Dreamcast killing ass. The best part of Shenmue was going to the arcade and playing Space Harrier. Go stack boxes in hell Shenmue. Also, have you seen any sailors?

Around the Network
A203D said:

I agree actully, i used to have a SNES and a Megadrive (Genesis) when i was a kid. and Mario and Sonic were good, but i that was it really. games were just a way of passing the time - they wernt a form of 'art' so to speak.

then i got a PS1 and i played games like Rayman or Tomb Raider and it was just pushing buttons for fun really, sure it was fun for an hour or two, then i would get bored.

...... then i played a game called Grandia (my first RPG) and everything, everything change.

but that was just the beginning, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy defined gaming for me in the PS1 days.

and i agree games were never that good, but when FF, MGS, RE and GT came out for the PS1 - gaming became more than pushing buttons - these days gaming is a cultural phenominon and its not slowing down!!

i suppose in Europe we were deprived of RPGs in particular, but for the whole of the world i dont think gaming took off until the PS1 days anyway.

Don't disrespect the 8-bit and 16-bit era's Just because you were to young to comprehend the awesomeness of the time some of the best Games in history were created in both the 8-bit and 16-bit eras.   

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Dead Space. 

lol at some of you guy's

final fantasy 7 and rayman on ps1 were BEAST MODE!

I think people are confusing games that didn't age well with games that always sucked.  For example, Battle Arena Toshinden.  That game came packed with my PS1 and it got a 98% in PSM magazine.  Sofia from BAT was even the default Sony mascot for a while.  I couldn't wait to play it.  Unfortunately, they were blinded by 3D boobies or something.  I played that game in 1996 and it sucked so bad that after I beat it, I took the game out of my PS1 and bit the fuck out of it.  It was horrid and no amount of nostalgia and "Oh, we had such a great time with that game!" will convince me otherwise.

@enditall727  people always trying to downplay FF7. it is the most downloaded game on PS1 classics, that has to tell people something if to this day there are still gamers buying it. Fact if it wasnt for that game we wouldnt have seen half the RPGs on PS1 in the US. it literally kicked down the doors. And 2nd that on Rayman, i still play that game