By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take your nostalgia glasses off: Games that were never good

Ok, I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I always thought that Crazi Taxi was, to put it simple, horrible.  After getting it and playing it for about 30 minutes several years ago, I wondered if there were other modes.  Other than the challenge thing...nope, just the main mode.  The idea is very cool for the game, but it doesn't belong on a console at all.  It should only be an arcade game.

Sorry for you crazi taxi fans out there, I just don't think it belongs on consoles

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I think people are confusing games that didn't age well with games that always sucked.  For example, Battle Arena Toshinden.  That game came packed with my PS1 and it got a 98% in PSM magazine.  Sofia from BAT was even the default Sony mascot for a while.  I couldn't wait to play it.  Unfortunately, they were blinded by 3D boobies or something.  I played that game in 1996 and it sucked so bad that after I beat it, I took the game out of my PS1 and bit the fuck out of it.  It was horrid and no amount of nostalgia and "Oh, we had such a great time with that game!" will convince me otherwise.

Haha, that's the game that made me buy a PS1. I don't mean based on hype, either. I mean after I played it. So I have all these fond memories of it, but I'd really like to play it again now to see what it's really like.

Jumpin said:

Doom.

Die.

badgenome said:
d21lewis said:

I think people are confusing games that didn't age well with games that always sucked.  For example, Battle Arena Toshinden.  That game came packed with my PS1 and it got a 98% in PSM magazine.  Sofia from BAT was even the default Sony mascot for a while.  I couldn't wait to play it.  Unfortunately, they were blinded by 3D boobies or something.  I played that game in 1996 and it sucked so bad that after I beat it, I took the game out of my PS1 and bit the fuck out of it.  It was horrid and no amount of nostalgia and "Oh, we had such a great time with that game!" will convince me otherwise.

Haha, that's the game that made me buy a PS1. I don't mean based on hype, either. I mean after I played it. So I have all these fond memories of it, but I'd really like to play it again now to see what it's really like.

It's probably pretty cheap if you really want to play it again.  Just brush your teeth after you bite the disc.

Baalzamon said:

Ok, I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I always thought that Crazi Taxi was, to put it simple, horrible.  After getting it and playing it for about 30 minutes several years ago, I wondered if there were other modes.  Other than the challenge thing...nope, just the main mode.  The idea is very cool for the game, but it doesn't belong on a console at all.  It should only be an arcade game.

Sorry for you crazi taxi fans out there, I just don't think it belongs on consoles

It was one of those games that was so awful that you couldn't keep your eyes off it. The game was kind of shallow in depth though. I can kinda agree with you, but I know much worse games out there that I've played on the consoles. =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Raze said:
Baalzamon said:

It was one of those games that was so awful that you couldn't keep your eyes off it. The game was kind of shallow in depth though. I can kinda agree with you, but I know much worse games out there that I've played on the consoles. =D

Well, my justification for buying it were it was only $10 new at the time, so I didn't really care...but I was still rather upset that it only offered the one mode plus the easy challenge things.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

d21lewis said:
badgenome said:

It's probably pretty cheap if you really want to play it again.  Just brush your teeth after you bite the disc.

93 cents used. That's one hell of a bargain for the profound experience of having your childhood raped.

Spagoodle said:

It pains me to say it as a former Sega fan boy but Sonic Adventures is terrible. I recently played the xbla version at a friends and I was shocked at how poorly the game has held up.

Shenmue sucks. Yeah thats right I said it, and you know what I don't even feel bad condemning its Dreamcast killing ass. The best part of Shenmue was going to the arcade and playing Space Harrier. Go stack boxes in hell Shenmue. Also, have you seen any sailors?

I have to disagree on SA. I played it recently (about 1 1/2 years ago) on my computer and it was still as good. And the music is AWESOME.

Pit Fighter, IN THE DAY, seemed awesome due to the digitized graphics.  IN THE DAY that is.  Thing is that stuff doesn't age well.  Now it is pretty horrible.