By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take your nostalgia glasses off: Games that were never good

I've just finished Tomb Raider Legend and for me TB II is much better. Every single change that Edios did in TBL gameplay have hurt my experience. I was expeting just a HD version of the series, but what I got?

1. Ridiculous quick time events
  2. Pointless cutsenes
  3. Zip talking radom things randomly
  4. A manor without a maze (the garden in TB II)
  5. Lara driving a motorcycle
  6. Bugs

Around the Network

Rol, I will punch you in the arm is you bad mouth Conker's Bad Fur Day, again!  I just replayed that game about two weeks ago and it's still awesome.

I will also say Tomb Raider 1 sucked then and sucks now.  I got the game for $40 before I even owned a PS1.  I spent about a month listening to the audio from the game before I finally got the console and was able to play it.  My patience was rewarded with shit controls, unpredictable obstacles, overly complicated puzzles, and bland enemies (mostly bats, wolves, and bears).  I was disgusted.  Of course, I loved boobies so I tolerated this shit to the end and even went on to but every shitty Tomb Raider that followed (And oh, they were soooooooo shitty).  The series didn't spawn an actual good game until Tomb Raider Legend.

radiantshadow92 said:

Super Mario Brothers 3

t'would be a better choice than Tomb Raider for sure

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Never liked the Resident Evil games on the original Playstation. 4 & 5 are more to my taste.

Always hated Mega Man 64, too. (a.k.a Mega Man Legends on the Playstation.)

I also agree with Rol about Conker's Bad Fur Day, to some extent. The juvenile potty-mouth humor never really amused me, and I just didn't find the game fun.
Well, the single player mode, at least. I had plenty of giggles with the multiplayer mode, but I doubt it's aged well.

To the guy who said GTA3...that game was fanatasic! I would say  goldeneye..just kidding. Seriously though it's tough to say as games may seem bad now but given the processing power and trends then it was awesome. I'm COD will be regarded as being trash down the road (not that it isn't already!)

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

You know what else was shit?  Mortal Kombat 1, that's what.  Aside from the special moves, all of the characters had the same move set.  Uppercut, roundhouse kick, leg sweep, jump kick, regular punch, regular kick.  How many matches turned into "Player 1 walks up to Player 2 and punches".  The ONLY thing that made this game stand out was the Fatalities.  At the time, those were awesome.  At least Mortal Kombat 2 was better.

You can go back and play Street Fighter 2 (the original one) and still have a blast with it.  Mortal Kombat sucked balls then and I'm not afraid to say it.

The biggest game that was never good to begin with is one of your most favorite games of all time. That game was always terrible, and you're an idiot for ever liking it in the first place. Face it, it sucked, along with your childhood, your tastes in games, and your life in general.

Ain't gonna be long before somebody makes/reads a post in this manner.

Battle Toads sucked.  It just looked good.

d21lewis said:

Of course, I loved boobies

Past tense? As in, you don't anymore? Don't scare me like that, D!

TT Makaveli said:
Acevil said:

Tomb Raider and Dino Crisis come to mind. 

ahhh why Dino Crisis?i only didnt like the controls but overall it was such a great horror-survival game...the second was also good though...no comment on the 3rd cause that was totally bullshit...

You hit the nail on the head, the controls are the problem. That and paired in with the annoying loads...