By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take your nostalgia glasses off: Games that were never good

i still remember the tomb raider gameplay trailer with the remark:

ACTUAL GAMEPLAY, NOT PRERENDERED!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I loved Tomb Raider games on PS1. I found them enjoyable though I did find parts of the games really hard. I cant recall how many times I died when first playing the TR1. But me and the dude that used to live next to me played them for hours. Being I do play my old games a lot I cant say I feel any different now.

I feel more effort was put into these games than half the crap some companies try and throw at you today

tomb raider 1 had longer gameplay than kane and lynch
more of a story
more challenging
probably played more 15 years on than kane and lynch now

Doom.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Super Mario Brothers 3

Around the Network

GTA 3- As Rol stated for earthworm Jim, but instead of wacky ideas, it was just raw violence. Take that away and everything else about the game stunk to high heaven.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Little King's Story.

Seriously, that game was never good, imo.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Mr Puggsly said:

Just because a game doesn't age well doesn't mean it wasn't good at one point.

Its just hard to go back to most titles because we've become accustomed to much more technically advanced games.

For the record, I never liked Tomb Raider. But there wasn't much competition in that genre.

i agree with Mr. Puggsly.

graphics always seems to grab the headlines but the advances in hardware also brought with it remarkable upgrades to gameplay as well.

Screw that man, Tomb Raider was great.  Look at Rare sucking now.  You can't use present misfortune to say they sucked in the past.  Yeah, one of the first big female heroes made it even bigger, iconic even, but the games were solid and I loved the crap out of them. 

Mr Puggsly said:

Just because a game doesn't age well doesn't mean it wasn't good at one point.

This.