By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Metallicube said:

Wii is doing respectable considering it has basically no games right now. PS3 is doing ok, but lest we forget, it is available in more markets in EMAA, so it's almost automatically going to win every week here on out, thus is deserves to be judged more harshly IMO. The question will be by how much will it win EMAA each week.

Sony are actually brainy you see.

They release games all Year round and don't blow an entire load in the last 2 Months of the Year. They give 3rd parties reasons to develop for the console. They actually push the PS brand to as many people as possible. It's obviously paying off.

As for the Wii, it's always had long streaks with nothing worthwhile releasing. It's just now people are finally starting to realise it. Nintendo's own fault for blowing the load in the last 2 Months of the Year, and not getting 3rd parties on board. With the 3DS out, expect that Wii support to become much, much worse, and for the Wii to keep dropping...

Here's to PS3's best Year yet. I hope you will enjoy it just as much as I do, Metallicube.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Metallicube said:

Wii is doing respectable considering it has basically no games right now. PS3 is doing ok, but lest we forget, it is available in more markets in EMAA, so it's almost automatically going to win every week here on out, thus is deserves to be judged more harshly IMO. The question will be by how much will it win EMAA each week.

No one is going to buy something they don't want regardless of where it's available.

Yeah but the point is its available in markets where the Wii and 360 aren't hence part of the reason why its selling better in EMEAA.

yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
Metallicube said:

No one is going to buy something they don't want regardless of where it's available.

Yeah but the point is its available in markets where the Wii and 360 aren't hence part of the reason why its selling better in EMEAA.

True, it's just one of the reasons, but Metallicube has said time and time again he thinks that it makes the numbers unfair.  And with this I disagree, because being available in more areas is just Sony utilizing their resources like MS making XBL or Nintendo making games that sell like gangbusters or having a dedicated fanbase.  Is it unfair that Sony's machine is the most expensive?  no, because that's Sony's fault, just like it is Nintendo's and MS's fault that they haven't expanded out into more countries for distribution.

justinian said:

Was the x360 not something like half or quarter price in Spain during the PS3 import ban? Maybe that was just a rumour.

Kinnect has not generated any significant EMEAA x360 sales.

Maybe there is something about a powerful camera watching you in your own home that puts the Europeans off Kinnect.

UK residents are the most watched in the world so maybe that why it doesn't bother them.

We had 1984 as mandatory reading in High School ;) Maybe rest of Europe too ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
Metallicube said:

Really??  The EMEAA countries that x360 are not sold in (probably due to US export bans) are not exactly economic powerhouses where it's citizens have cash to burn but are some of the poorest countries out there.

Sony will be lucky to sell 100 PS3s in these countries in a lifetime. That's why they still push the PS2 in these countries.

The overwhelming number of consoles sold in EMEAA are in the first world countries of Europe and Asia.

I won't call Iran an important PS3 market. Probably be lucky to find a handful there. So I don't see that benefiting the x360 which doesn't sell there.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
justinian said:

Was the x360 not something like half or quarter price in Spain during the PS3 import ban? Maybe that was just a rumour.

Kinnect has not generated any significant EMEAA x360 sales.

Maybe there is something about a powerful camera watching you in your own home that puts the Europeans off Kinnect.

UK residents are the most watched in the world so maybe that why it doesn't bother them.

We had 1984 as mandatory reading in High School ;) Maybe rest of Europe too ;)

Possibly that or maybe because they read the Kinnect terms and conditions and where not impressed.

pezus said:

Infamous 2 will be below 90 on Meta...look at all the recent games released and tell me how many got over 90?

Tell me how many have user generated content? LBP2 with 91....and thats a sequal. Infamous 2 is bringing something comepletly new to table in sandbox games. 90 metacritic confirmed. Wanna bet?

Very good PS3, good DS, even more considering 3DS launch is getting closer, sluggish the others. These weekly numbers will be dwarfed for a while by 3DS, though, when WW launch will be completed... It will be a CRAZY Spring!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

360 numbers are sad.

PS3 is on TOP and has been for a while after all, I don't get it tho we always get adjustments every week......

pezus said:

Sure, I expect 85-89 but I of course hope for more ;).

So many quotes! they will crush each other very soon.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d