osamanobama said:

Why is the hulk wearing a foam hand?

Around the Network
patapon said:

osamanobama said:

Why is the hulk wearing a foam hand?

lmao

Torillian said:

True, it's just one of the reasons, but Metallicube has said time and time again he thinks that it makes the numbers unfair.  And with this I disagree, because being available in more areas is just Sony utilizing their resources like MS making XBL or Nintendo making games that sell like gangbusters or having a dedicated fanbase.  Is it unfair that Sony's machine is the most expensive?  no, because that's Sony's fault, just like it is Nintendo's and MS's fault that they haven't expanded out into more countries for distribution.

That's not exactly the same thing. The reason Sony gets to have those markets is because of its other markets (TVs and stuff) which give it distribution methods and brand recognition over there. That's an advantage given to them because of something non-gaming. It's something Nintendo and MS couldn't get unless they felt like throwing money down a black hole.

For fanboyish purposes, where we compare consoles against each other, that should be considered an unfair advantage since the advantage is rooted in something else that the company does, not gaming.

Of course, when we're actually doing unbiased analysis, it doesn't matter where the hell or why the hell it sold, it just did. But that's not what we're doing, :P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

:'( Can we rebuild the mighty quote pyramid, pls? Things are just SAD small in here...

Immortal said:
Torillian said:

True, it's just one of the reasons, but Metallicube has said time and time again he thinks that it makes the numbers unfair.  And with this I disagree, because being available in more areas is just Sony utilizing their resources like MS making XBL or Nintendo making games that sell like gangbusters or having a dedicated fanbase.  Is it unfair that Sony's machine is the most expensive?  no, because that's Sony's fault, just like it is Nintendo's and MS's fault that they haven't expanded out into more countries for distribution.

That's not exactly the same thing. The reason Sony gets to have those markets is because of its other markets (TVs and stuff) which give it distribution methods and brand recognition over there. That's an advantage given to them because of something non-gaming. It's something Nintendo and MS couldn't get unless they felt like throwing money down a black hole.

For fanboyish purposes, where we compare consoles against each other, that should be considered an unfair advantage since the advantage is rooted in something else that the company does, not gaming.

Of course, when we're actually doing unbiased analysis, it doesn't matter where the hell or why the hell it sold, it just did. But that's not what we're doing, :P.

Sony is in the gaming business because of the money they have from other avenues just like MS, so nothing they do should count if it's the origins that matter.  If I go even moreso in that thought process Nintendo used to make playing cards and was able to venture into toys and video games because of their success in that, so they shouldn't count either.  

Around the Network

As expected, after the holidays the Kinect effect would just fade way, leaving the Xbox where it was. Even in Americas the year on year difference is only 12k.

Above: still the best game of the year.

RolStoppable said:
Beuli2 said:

As expected, after the holidays the Kinect effect would just fade way, leaving the Xbox where it was. Even in Americas the year on year difference is only 12k.

I haven't been keeping up with the news, so have the shortages in America been solved already.

There has been no news saying so, but still. And I doubt it has been in shortages for 3 months.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Look at Homefront go!

Torillian said:
yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
Metallicube said:

Wii is doing respectable considering it has basically no games right now. PS3 is doing ok, but lest we forget, it is available in more markets in EMAA, so it's almost automatically going to win every week here on out, thus is deserves to be judged more harshly IMO. The question will be by how much will it win EMAA each week.

No one is going to buy something they don't want regardless of where it's available.

Yeah but the point is its available in markets where the Wii and 360 aren't hence part of the reason why its selling better in EMEAA.

Yeah I agree with that. There really isn't any "unfairness" going on with consoles.

You reap what you sow.

Metallicube said:

Wii is doing respectable considering it has basically no games right now. PS3 is doing ok, but lest we forget, it is available in more markets in EMAA, so it's almost automatically going to win every week here on out, thus is deserves to be judged more harshly IMO. The question will be by how much will it win EMAA each week.

Lest we also forget that it is outselling the Wii by ~20k and the360 by ~30k. Yeah you can say that it could partly be due to being in more markets, but that point I feel is absolutely moot when you also factor in that the PS3 is much more expensive than the other two.

So if you balance things out the excuses don't really hold much weight.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!