Kasz216 said:
NYANKS said:
Kasz216 said:
NYANKS said:
Kasz216 said:
NYANKS said:
tolu619 said:
Beuli2 said:

What do you mean? Absolutely nothing would have changed, except that the current PS3 users would have bough a Xbox 360 instead.

and the wii would be in 2nd place

Are we assuming the PS3 failing is isolated or not?  Because if PS3's failure was caused by something, I don't think the 360 would necessarily be doing so awesome.  As for the Wii in second.... O_o

Only the PS3 had a shot of beating Wii this gen, and it was a very small one.

Well the general rule when it comes to alternative history is that you tweak as little as possible.  So yeah, you should assume the PS3 failure is isolated, caused either by the 360 gaining a few key exclusives, or one of Sony's execs axing it shortly after release due to all the money it was costing them, some sort of lawsuit.

As for why you tweak as little as possible... it's because otherwise you are just going to come up with any scenario you feel like.

For example... if the PS3 failed, we would all be dead, because it could be caused by a nuclear war destroying the world.

No, it'd be what some people have said here.  If PS3 failed with legitimate backing by Sony, it could logically bode ill for the business model of mostly harcore games and support supported by Sony AND MS.  So, MS may very well be getting owned too.  I mean, how do they differ really?  The main difference is charging for online, which you can probably bet will be coming to the Playstation at some point. 

Your changing literally the opinion of... what 30-60 million people?

That's not tweaking as little as possible.

But making the PS3 fail is equally illogical, at least to me.  I guess I can't make my brain accept sch a big change without cause lol.  My bad.

I already mentioned causes that were smaller.  Microsoft aquiring a few key titles, Sony discontinuing the PS3 from the beating they took from it.

I know, I guess just knowing that those causes happened and were not substantial enough to make Sony question anything makes me think those are not good enough reasons, but I think I'm getting too concerned about a hypothetical situation lol.

Around the Network

OP:  "Imagine the PS3 failed....."

Poster:  "But the PS3 didn't fail."

OP:  "Yeah I know but imagine that it did.  What would..."

Poster:  "But it didn't."

OP:  "But hypothetically, imagine that the PS3 failed...."

Poster:  "Then the 360 failed."

OP:  "No.  Just imagine a scenario where the PS3 failed and the 360 and the Wii didn't fail.  What do you think would..."

Poster: "I ain't imagining that shit."

Baalzamon said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

An opinion is an opinion...yes, nobody can prove it but you understand what I mean. I don't think I am trolling the topic I think you are trolling my post LOL. In my thread the Wii made since because it is the Gen leader and 1st to have TRUE motion controls and again IMO, Move and Kinect wouldn't have had been taken so seriously or marketed as strongly if Wii had failed if they came out at all.

Also, you are just trolling my post because you know as well as I do that Wii has had a bigger effect on gaming than PS3 has had. If anything PS3 has had an effect on gaming of what NOT to do when releasing a new system. Now they should know to not put out a $600 system at launch. 

Oh, I know what you mean, and know it is very likely Wii has had a major effect on gaming, and I am actually very very proud of that.  I just didn't think it was necessary to immediately come in here and essentially rip the original post...I've seen a couple of good ideas saying Blu-Ray was made popular, a couple of IP's wouldn't exist, etc.  Obviously, the effects aren't even close to as large as the Wii has likely had.  And yes, showing that you shouldn't launch at $600 is even an effect on gaming, but we will see if Sony learned from their own lesson when they launch the PS4 :P

Ok, I see where you were coming form LOL...I wasn't trying to put this thread down I just thought the PS3 didn't have all that big of an impact to make a thread...again my opinion and I am sorry.

*On Topic* Ok my final answer is PS3's biggest effect on gaming is that nobody should launch a system at a very large price.

Wait a minute...! I just noticed that your thread has my symbol in its name...*

I know its inspired by my thread but you took my symbol(Sad Face)

Same as the Wii...

Exactly where it is now, except the 360 would have sold a lot more...

Around the Network

well games like MNR, LBP1-2, and Heavy Rain would have been passed over by the other pub's and never seen the light of day thank you.

d21lewis said:

OP:  "Imagine the PS3 failed....."

Poster:  "But the PS3 didn't fail."

OP:  "Yeah I know but imagine that it did.  What would..."

Poster:  "But it didn't."

OP:  "But hypothetically, imagine that the PS3 failed...."

Poster:  "Then the 360 failed."

OP:  "No.  Just imagine a scenario where the PS3 failed and the 360 and the Wii didn't fail.  What do you think would..."

Poster: "I ain't imagining that shit."

perfect

The xbox live would have remained in its pre NXE appearance and Kinect would have never been released.Moreover,  Microsoft`s major desire to dominate the video game market would have prompted them them to realise the Next Gen console before Nintendo. 

I the PS3 failed then xbox and Wii would be more evenly matched.  Xbox would have stolen the PS3 audience (the ps exclusives would choose Xbox over Wii) and Wii would have the smae audience for the most part.

The Xbox therefore, would have no financial reason to go and cater to the wii audience with Kinect or it's new family friendly marketing campaign.

The Industry, conceptually, would have steered the same path I believe.  But, the generation afterward may see rise to a new competitor given the large market being eaten by only two guys.

gaming would be boring... end of

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E