By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Where Would Gaming Be If PS3 Failed?*

If PS3 failed the gaming would be exactly where its at now, except 360 would be bigger than it is. Wii would still be first though and add like 20 million sales to 360. The games would be the same more or less, except all PS3 exclusives comes for 360 instead.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

Inspired by this thread: if the PS3 failed, where would gaming be now?

Nintendo claims that they were first with motion controls but I don't believe that one bit, as it was Sony who was making the Move before Nintendo even existed. Who knows though?

Anyway if PS3 failed would the Wii and 360 still be around? Would gaming stay the way it was during previous gens or would something else unique be made in its place?

before nintendo even existed? Go to see when Nintedo first got created... you are wrong. #justsayin

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Agreed.  The recent Iwata asks shows they already developed a glasses 3d title before the NES.  And then Virtual Boy.  And then had 3d circuitry  built into the final models of the gamecube and Gameboy Advanced SP.

oh whoops. juts noticed.  Motion controls.  Yeah, they said they considered it for the gamecube at one point but then didn't.  Besides, conception for wii, like any other console began when gamecube came out.  So we are talking like 2001.

then we wouldn't have experiences jaw droping graphic games on console such as GOW3,Uncharted or KZ, we would be stuck with unreal engine graphics as the best the consoles has to offer.

Japan's marketshare would be owned even more by the DS, PSP and the Wii.

Around the Network

^^^Wow, forgot about that last one.  Yeah, Wii sales would get some boost from that.  And MS would have an even steeper hill to climb trying to fix their Japan problem, heh.  btw, do they plan on fixing that problem?

Uh... it didn't fail?  If the biggest marketshare and financial losses in the history of the industry don't constitute failure... what does?

jarrod said:

Uh... it didn't fail?  If the biggest marketshare and financial losses in the history of the industry don't constitute failure... what does?

no longer being able to support the console.

as I've said before the losses the ps3 made had ZERO effect on the consoles overall quality, and it lost all that market share by being twice as expensive as pervious playstation consoles and that's not a failure, that's just.....being more expensive, now had it lost all that market share launched at 300 dollars, now that would have been a failure.

goforgold said:
jarrod said:

as I've said before the losses the ps3 made had ZERO effect on the consoles overall quality, and it lost all that market share by being twice as expensive as pervious playstation consoles and that's not a failure, that's just.....being more expensive, now had it lost all that market share launched at 300 dollars, now that would have been a failure.

Quality is a purely subjective measure.  Let's stick to facts, not opinions.

jarrod said:
goforgold said:
jarrod said:

Quality is a purely subjective measure.  Let's stick to facts, not opinions.

are there people who love and enjoy every moment of their ps3..... then it's quality.

same goes for wii and same goes for 360, and that's not subjective at all. I could careless what some hater thinks is quality or not, I'm talking about fans of the system.

just to know, do YOU think the ps3 is NOT of quality?