By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Where Would Gaming Be If PS3 Failed?*

goforgold said:

are there people who love and enjoy every moment of their ps3..... then it's quality.

same goes for wii and same goes for 360, and that's not subjective at all. I could careless what some hater thinks is quality or not, I'm talking about fans of the system.

If fans of something like that something... it's not a failure?

Dreamcast was quality.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
goforgold said:

are there people who love and enjoy every moment of their ps3..... then it's quality.

same goes for wii and same goes for 360, and that's not subjective at all. I could careless what some hater thinks is quality or not, I'm talking about fans of the system.

If fans of something like that something... it's not a failure?

Dreamcast was quality.

was Sega able to support the Dreamcast?

and for the record...the Dreamcast was quality

goforgold said:

Uh, yes?  Sega released more Dreamcast games than Sony has PS3 games...

jarrod said:
goforgold said:

which is exactly why Sega is JUST a softeware manufaturer now.

hint: just releasing game doen't mean you can support your console

goforgold said:
jarrod said:
goforgold said:

which is exactly why Sega is JUST a softeware manufaturer now.

hint: just releasing game doen't mean you can support your console

If Sega had lost as much money on Dreamcast as Sony has on PS3, there wouldn't be a Sega today.  What you're saying here follows little logic, a product like PS3 would immediately have bankrupted almost any "games only" company, possibly Nintendo even.  Are you saying Sony is literally "too big to fail" or something?  ;)

Around the Network
jarrod said:
goforgold said:
jarrod said:
goforgold said:

which is exactly why Sega is JUST a software manufacturer now.

hint: just releasing game doesn't mean you can support your console

If Sega had lost as much money on Dreamcast as Sony has on PS3, there wouldn't be a Sega today.  What you're saying here follows little logic, a product like PS3 would immediately have bankrupted almost any "games only" company, possibly Nintendo even.  Are you saying Sony is literally "too big to fail" or something?  ;)

no I'm not saying they're too big at all, any amount of fuck up can destroy the entirety of Sony, it's just ps3 loses don't come within an inch of a mile of that amount of fuck up lol

goforgold said:
jarrod said:
goforgold said:
jarrod said:
goforgold said:

no I'm not saying they're too big at all, any amount of fuck up can destroy the entirety of Sony, it's just ps3 loses don't come within an inch of a mile of that amount of fuck up lol

I don't see how you come to that conclusion.  The PS3 has lost Sony more money then the Dreamcast... and was at a more advantagous position.  The PS3 was a much bigger screwup then the Dreamcast starting off.  The only difference was, Sony was a bigger company and able to shrug through it.  Even when this generation is done... the PS3 likely will have lost Sony more money then the Dreamcast.

Kasz216 said:
goforgold said:
jarrod said:
goforgold said:
jarrod said:
goforgold said:

I don't see how you come to that conclusion.  The PS3 has lost Sony more money then the Dreamcast... and was at a more advantagous position.  The PS3 was a much bigger screwup then the Dreamcast starting off.  The only difference was, Sony was a bigger company and able to shrug through it.  Even when this generation is done... the PS3 likely will have lost Sony more money then the Dreamcast.

that was the point of the enitre debate.

and I totally agree with everything else

Chrizum said:

Inspired by this thread: if the PS3 failed, where would gaming be now?

Nintendo claims that they were first with motion controls but I don't believe that one bit, as it was Sony who was making the Move before Nintendo even existed. Who knows though?

Anyway if PS3 failed would the Wii and 360 still be around? Would gaming stay the way it was during previous gens or would something else unique be made in its place?

The Wii and XBox 360 would still be around. Most likely Apple would probably release this game console as well. A 3rd company would definitely enter into the market. Sure Sony would be missed, but gaming would still florish without them. People keep forgetting that after the Game Crash of 1983, gaming continued on the PC and then Nintendo releaed the NES and rekindled console gaming once again. Without Nintendo, there would never have been a Playstation. If Nintendo had accepted Sony's CD player for their console, the Playstation probably wouldn't even exist today. So thank Nintendo for the Playstation's success.

'gaming till I'm gone'

yup if it wasn't for nintedo dogging sony there wouldn't be a playstation so thx nintendo for that LMAO!

it even made PS brand win for 2 generations.