By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Where Would Gaming Be If PS3 Failed?*

Inspired by this thread: if the PS3 failed, where would gaming be now?

Nintendo claims that they were first with motion controls but I don't believe that one bit, as it was Sony who was making the Move before Nintendo even existed. Who knows though?

Anyway if PS3 failed would the Wii and 360 still be around? Would gaming stay the way it was during previous gens or would something else unique be made in its place?

Around the Network

Thanks for letting my thread influence you...but with all the respect I can give I don't understand your thread...PS3 didn't fail but it is last and failed to be as big as what Sony hoped for.

so eye toy wasnt a motion controller but it had to do with motion.

if ps3 failed 360 and wii would be here. only thing ps3 did this gen is give us great games and thank god for that. gaming would still be here and ofcourse we have bioware. who needs anybody other then bioware.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

*Sound Of Rain said:

Thanks for letting my thread influence you...but with all the respect I can give I don't understand your thread...PS3 didn't fail but it is last and failed to be as big as what Sony hoped for.

wow you answered yourself.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

It would probably be the same since all the game devs would switch over to microsoft. However, the internet would be a more BORING place for gaming folk like us. Sony knows how to hype up the internetz.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

How? If PS3 failed...what would have happened...? If thats what this thread is about then it makes no since LOL...PS3 didn't influence anything in this Gen...so it would be exactly the same.

What do you mean? Absolutely nothing would have changed, except that the current PS3 users would have bough a Xbox 360 instead.

Above: still the best game of the year.

*Sound Of Rain said:
zgamer5 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

How? If PS3 failed...what would have happened...? If thats what this thread is about then it makes no since LOL...PS3 didn't influence anything in this Gen...so it would be exactly the same.

I was influenced

We would excerise a bit more..cause we would walk to the console and swap discs for more games...

...yeah that's the best I could come up with..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

*Sound Of Rain said:
zgamer5 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

And you have direct proof that the Wii was actually an influence to games this generation?  Assuming that Kinect and Move came out because the Wii is not direct proof...there is not a single iota of direct proof out there that shows the Wii has affected gaming forever any more than the PS3 has.

Edit: Also, you should fix the original post a little...the Move was not around before Nintendo was around, Nintendo was around before the Playstation brand even existed lol.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.