By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pirates, admit you're thieves

[Source Destructoid

If there's one thing that annoys about piracy, it's the excuses. If you're into piracy, whatever, but don't try to dress it up as something it's not. The flawed logic and the sense of entitlement is the thing that really annoys me, and that's the subject of this week's video. 

So yeah, watch it if you want!

Around the Network

Not this debate again!

"Because you should be paying for it you dumb cunt"

I have a new found respect for Jim Sterling. This video is amazing.

By the way. Anyone make out the music in the background? I recognise it but... It escapes me.

He's right. The excuses are hilarious.

Carl2291 said:

"Because you should be paying for it you dumb cunt"

I have a new found respect for Jim Sterling. This video is amazing.

By the way. Anyone make out the music in the background? I recognise it but... It escapes me.

Yeah, I usually don't like the Jimquisition videos but decided to watch him because he's fun to listen to when he talks about piracy and this one happened to be good.

Around the Network

I'm a thief. Bite me!

Yes. I'm a fucking pirate.

There was no way I was gonna pay money for a sloppy PC port of RE4 when I already owned all the other versions of the game.

There was no way I was going to pay money for GTA III on PC when I already own it on Xbox.

Yes, I pirate stuff. Get over it.

Snesboy said:

There was no way I was gonna pay money for a sloppy PC port of RE4 when I already owned all the other versions of the game.

There was no way I was going to pay money for GTA III on PC when I already own it on Xbox.

Yes, I'm a fucking thief.

There was no way I was going to pay for such an ugly car when I've already bought other versions of it.

Why would I pay for this computer? I already own one.

Deal with it.

Love and tolerate.

Carl2291 said:

It's the boss battle theme from the first Donkey Kong Country game.

Snesboy said:

Yes, I pirate stuff. Get over it.

I think you missed the point of the video. He isn't bitching that people pirate mainly. He's bitching that people make excuses like that. It doesn't matter if it is sloppy or you already own multiple copies. Stealing is stealing and it is that simple. Note i'm not judging you i'm just saying. I have pirated before too but i'm not going to make excuses for myself.