By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pirates, admit you're thieves

SpartenOmega117 said:

I tried pirating once and i was not able to enjoy the game at all. Never pirated again.

While excuses about pirating are funny, this myth is even more rediculus than whatever pirates come with.

And doubly so in the era when half of pc games sell through digital download.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Maelstrome said:

yes i pirate. i dont care if its unethical or damaging. i dont defend it. i just state my reasons for pirating. if i have extra cash to throw at something  then i will. if i dont have the money ill pirate it. its very easy to get away with. like the other said, if i can get away with something that i want to do,then by all means i will do so. there are a few select individuals i would end if i could get away with it scott free. call me unmoral, evil, or what have you. i genuinely do not care. personally i hope the industry collapses entirely then starts over. then again i also wish the whole planet would be devastated whether i survive or not does not matter.

keep in mind im not really a hateful individual, im not depressed, or live a bad life. im not lonely or the product of a broken home.

@bolded  Was any of that necessary?  All you showed was that you're over-dramatic and have the ability to add useless stuff to a post.

I gotta say I miss pirating.  It was much cheaper but once I got a steady income I no longer had any way to justify it, even though being broke doesn't justify being a pirate, but it was a good enough excuse for me. it's amazing what a broke person can justify. 

Chairman-Mao said:

Only thing I pirate is music, not games.

I know its stealing, but in my defence I do buy many CD's though (probably a lot more than the average teenager) so while I do steal music I also buy a lot. 

The music industry needs to make good music before I pay for it.

Now hope he bought the background music =p.

No, pirating is NOT stealing:

I do not condone piracy, but this whole "Piracy is thief!" is getting on my nerves.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

xD

ssj12 said:

I pirate music, because the RIAA sucks ass and the artists barely make a cent off the sales anyways. If you want to support the artists and make them money, see them in concert like I do.

That's not really a valid excuse for stealing though is it?  Do you steal milk from the supermarket as the dairy farmer doesn't get many cents per litre of milk?

Hopefully, all the people who admitted to pirating/stealing in this thread get banned.

Silver-Tiger said:

I do not condone piracy, but this whole "Piracy is thief!" is getting on my nerves.

Why isn't it theft?  Is it theft if you walk out of a shop with some CDs/DVDs/Video games that you haven't paid for?

Dinomax said:

His right, there is no excuse. 

Your living in an era where games can be delivered to your door to rent,  you can get cheaper games via direct download for minimal money or even now import from other countrys for much less than your countrys pricing as well.

But like the anime industry, people think there supporting the artists or animators or the industry by taking there work, putting it on the net and not giving back any money at all.  It is stealing you are a thief.  Open your wallet and pay your keep bitch.

""But but but I'm a pirate!""

Pirates had the balls to steal in person.  You don't. 

I think that's the point of the debate. They may be labelled with the tag thief. We can say they're theives till we are blue in the face.

In the eyes of the law however, they are no more than copyright infringers.

If it really grates do something constructive about getting the law changed.

Nomad Blue said:
Silver-Tiger said:

Why isn't it theft?  Is it theft if you walk out of a shop with some CDs/DVDs/Video games that you haven't paid for?

The law states Theft is only commited when a physical and permanant removal of an item occurs.

Pirates (in this sense) are copying the item not physically removing it...It falls under copyright law !