By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Yes, they will fall to the death! 46 27.88%

No, have you gone insane? 41 24.85%

I don't know (noob) 15 9.09%

Shut up! I just hate Apple with a passion! 63 38.18%

Total:165
superchunk said:

Pippen. That is all I have to say.

Very good rememberd my friend.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
homer said:

PS3 has an edge in EMEAA and Japan even with the Kinect and Slim, so they most definately have those markets locked down. Japan may be losing interest in consoles, but do not expect them to disappear anytime soon.What I am trying to say though, is thatif someone like Apple manages to get 3rd party support, the xbox will not be able to support itself with its current 1st party software.

EMEAA is not a country, its a combination of a lot of countries. Xbox 360 hasn't yet been released in many of them, such as PRChina, which has a huge gaming market already (MMO). Some gaming companies in China are much bigger than some very well known company names here in the west already.

Kinect is going to be very succeddful, it just needs some flagship games. It's completely new technology that ppl not yet familiar with. It has not yet taken off in EMEAA yet, the current marketing has been only forcused on America imo.

Biddles said:

Gran Turismo was on a console that sold well over 100 million copies, the original Xbox only sold 25 million copies. Halo 3 has outsold all the GT games execpt for GT3 which was bundled anyway. GT5 isnt outselling Halo Reach either.

I actually mentioned the price, thats why i said if the PS4 comes out $100 more expensive than the Xbox 720 itll have no chance because Xbox has most of the games the PS3 has anyway.  

The orignal price cost them big time, but its not that way anymore and Xbox is still doing better. Since the PS3 came out the Xbox has sold 44 million units the PS3 45 million units, its practically the exact same.

Its a huge difference from when the PS2 sold over 5x as many Xbox' to now when PS3 is barely even with the Xbox 360. Xbox soared in popularity, PS stooped in popularity, if that continues next gen Sony is out.

It doesn't matter how much Halo 3 sold.The point is,GT as a whole franchise,has sold more than the Halo franchise,that makes it stronger,you have to be biased to say otherwise.

PS4 will have no chance if it comes 100$ more expensive?How is that?The PS3 was more expensive than the 360 at launch than that,and still sold slightly better than the 360 since then,and that's with the recession involving in the process.

Saying the PS4 will ''have no chance'' sounds very biased to me.That's why I'm done talking with you.Have a merry Christmas,and a happy new year.

ArcticGabe said:
homer said:

PS3 has an edge in EMEAA and Japan even with the Kinect and Slim, so they most definately have those markets locked down. Japan may be losing interest in consoles, but do not expect them to disappear anytime soon.What I am trying to say though, is thatif someone like Apple manages to get 3rd party support, the xbox will not be able to support itself with its current 1st party software.

EMEAA is not a country, its a combination of a lot of countries. Xbox 360 hasn't yet been released in many of them, such as PRChina, which has a huge gaming market already (MMO). Some gaming companies in China are much bigger than some very well known company names here in the west already.

Kinect is going to be very succeddful, it just needs some flagship games. It's completely new technology that ppl not yet familiar with. It has not yet taken off in EMEAA yet, the current marketing has been only forcused on America imo.

I know EMEAA is not a country, lol.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Mordred11 said:
Biddles said:

Gran Turismo was on a console that sold well over 100 million copies, the original Xbox only sold 25 million copies. Halo 3 has outsold all the GT games execpt for GT3 which was bundled anyway. GT5 isnt outselling Halo Reach either.

I actually mentioned the price, thats why i said if the PS4 comes out $100 more expensive than the Xbox 720 itll have no chance because Xbox has most of the games the PS3 has anyway.  

The orignal price cost them big time, but its not that way anymore and Xbox is still doing better. Since the PS3 came out the Xbox has sold 44 million units the PS3 45 million units, its practically the exact same.

Its a huge difference from when the PS2 sold over 5x as many Xbox' to now when PS3 is barely even with the Xbox 360. Xbox soared in popularity, PS stooped in popularity, if that continues next gen Sony is out.

It doesn't matter how much Halo 3 sold.The point is,GT as a whole franchise,has sold more than the Halo franchise,that makes it stronger,you have to be biased to say otherwise.

PS4 will have no chance if it comes 100$ more expensive?How is that?The PS3 was more expensive than the 360 at launch than that,and still sold slightly better than the 360 since then,and that's with the recession involving in the process.

Saying the PS4 will ''have no chance'' sounds very biased to me.That's why I'm done talking with you.Have a merry Christmas,and a happy new year.

No that doesnt make it stronger at all....theyve sold more Dragon Ball games than Metal Gear Solid games but its not a stronger series.

PS3 did well despite it being more expensive because people pretty much everyone had a PS2, and everyone thought exlusives like GTA, Tekken, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy would come to the PS3 they didnt, PS3 hasnt got those anymore.