By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Yes, they will fall to the death! 46 27.88%

No, have you gone insane? 41 24.85%

I don't know (noob) 15 9.09%

Shut up! I just hate Apple with a passion! 63 38.18%

Total:165
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

A little biased, no? Anyway, I see no way this could happen.

If Nintendo had the slightest intention of battling Apple in the future, Iwata would not admit owning and enjoying an iPod, :P. I don't think Nintendo's quite so humble as to actually praise those who they see as potential competition.

Lol he sais that because the ipod is the enemy of the walk man which is sony. if apple joined battle he would probably throe ipod out of window ^^

xD, the walkman is dead already. Besides, I doubt he even cares what MS/Sony are doing outside of gaming unless it affects their gaming business.

If he thinks that there is even a remote chance of Nintendo having to engage in a battle with Apple , he would avoid Apple products in the first place so that he doesn't look like a hypocrite later on.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

apple already has a dedicated fan base thats just as bad as we are, but non like the current big 3 Apple wouldn't lose the majority of there fan base in the next console life cycle, or any cycle no matter how bad they fuck up or how high they price there consoles.

Apple would do just as good if not better then the current big 3 if not better cause non like Nintendo they would really be competing with there selves.

there fans would be the worst and when you bring facts to back up your claims; you'd never make that mistake again.

Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

A little biased, no? Anyway, I see no way this could happen.

If Nintendo had the slightest intention of battling Apple in the future, Iwata would not admit owning and enjoying an iPod, :P. I don't think Nintendo's quite so humble as to actually praise those who they see as potential competition.

Lol he sais that because the ipod is the enemy of the walk man which is sony. if apple joined battle he would probably throe ipod out of window ^^

xD, the walkman is dead already. Besides, I doubt he even cares what MS/Sony are doing outside of gaming unless it affects their gaming business.

If he thinks that there is even a remote chance of Nintendo having to engage in a battle with Apple , he would avoid Apple products in the first place so that he doesn't look like a hypocrite later on.

He-as in me? Now listen buddies, I don't own any Apple products (laughs).

dany612 said:

Wait, what?

We were talking about Iwata, :P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

how soon people forget. Apple Pippen. Apple have tried this market and crashed and burned once already. For every product that they have that is a success they have a heap more that have been dismal failures like the pippen.

Around the Network

With the possible exception of the iPhone all Apples ventures are into very new markets.

The iphone introduced the "app" to the general public and that was the "new" thing. That was their wii-remote. How many people in the world knew what an "app" was before the iphone? Even the word suited "app"le.

The gaming market is mature so I really don't see Apple competing head on with the other three.

They make good money from games sold by the itunes store and I personally think that is where their interest will be.

More game friendly devices but not a full blown home console. I don't see Apple releasing a game on DVD or BR - except for iMac etc., of course.

nanarchy said:

how soon people forget. Apple Pippen. Apple have tried this market and crashed and burned once already. For every product that they have that is a success they have a heap more that have been dismal failures like the pippen.

Yep. Pippen and Newton etc.,

Anyhow, don't compare Apple without Steve Jobs and Apple with Steve Jobs (since his return).

Since his return it has been a totally different company, from one that was struggling to one that is worth more than most and he played a major part of where it is today.

Even his "failure" that was Apple TV is now taking off in sales.

Any gaming enterprise will surely be his decision.

Immortal said:
dany612 said:

Wait, what?

We were talking about Iwata, :P.

Oh, hehe I forgot to read your first comment.

justinian said:
nanarchy said:

Yep. Pippen and Newton etc.,

Anyhow, don't compare Apple without Steve Jobs and Apple with Steve Jobs (since his return).

Since his return it has been a totally different company, from one that was struggling to one that is worth more than most and he played a major part of where it is today.

Even his "failure" that was Apple TV is now taking off in sales.

Any gaming enterprise will surely be his decision.

ROKR, Puck Mouse, anniversary edition Mac are all post his return.

Biddles said:

If Apple enter the industry Sony will become like Sega.

I somewhat agree. Apple could push any of the big 3 out. They could capture the casual fanbase that Nintendo has, or if they wanted to, get exclusivity for games by major 3rd party developers, stealing the Playstation and Xbox crowd.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius