By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Yes, they will fall to the death! 46 27.88%

No, have you gone insane? 41 24.85%

I don't know (noob) 15 9.09%

Shut up! I just hate Apple with a passion! 63 38.18%

Total:165

The Gran turismo of the iPhone, Firemints Real Racing 2, One of the best iphone games :D with actuallly a pretty big budget and development time (a little more than 2 million dollars and 18 months),

with 16 players online multiiplayer, a big campaign, customization, 30 licensed cars, tons of control options :D

I think the iPhone/iPodTouch is getting close to becoming a real gaming console.

Around the Network

Bring on The "Iplay" I will stick to my regular strategy of only buying new games for the Wii and DS , every other console gets It's games preowned, that way My money supports only Nintendo and retailers,

Apple would lose if it entered the gaming market fully, Nintendo would crush them as it eventually crushes all of its opponents

axt113 said:

Apple would lose if it entered the gaming market fully, Nintendo would crush them as it eventually crushes all of its opponents

Agreed.

axt113 said:

Its mario I tell you! He's too powerful. Those fireballs will get you if your not careful.

Around the Network
Juma009 said:
axt113 said:

Agreed.

Well Nintendo sure wasn't numero uno the past generations in the console race.

dany612 said:
Juma009 said:
axt113 said:

Agreed.

Well Nintendo sure wasn't numero uno the past generations in the console race.

They don't hve to be numero uno in any one gen, they can lose one or two gens and still come back and crush

They are already in the game market! As Job stated games revenues on itunes are already bigger than the PSP sales (maybe it changes a little with MHP3 :P)! They added trophies and dedicated gaming space on their last iOS update also.

The only things they are lacking it's game studios but on other hand they have already some 3rd party support

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

If Apple enters the market it would not come at it from the same direction.  They like to change the rules of the game so, the new rules favour them.   Look at how they entered music players, not with CD players but with MP3.  They didn't make a traditional phone either, nor did what anyone expected with a tablet PC.

Same would go for gaming so it's kind of hard to say how they'd compete, if they were even competing directly, or merely having games as an option on a fully feature media centre.

Apple could easily buy over a 3rd party from Ea to Sega, as it suited them.  No problem there.  But you are highly overrating IPs.

MS made it with a single killer IP - Halo.

Wii became successful off the back of one - Wii Sports.    Yeah, yeah, someone will say Zelda but the Nintendo core only number, generously, at 10m.  Name a non-casual Wii title that sold more than 10m.  Aside from NSMB and Mario Kart which appeal broadly, no Nintendo 'core' IP sells more than 8 generally, although SSBB will be breaking 10m.     Wii's success was from Wii Sports by and large.

So Apple would also only need one defining IP.  3rd Parties would provide all the rest from GTA, to Assassin's Creed to FFIV, etc., etc.

Also Sony's various huge IPs have not pulled it out of 3rd place.   So IPs are simply not the end all and be all.

As for there being not even money in the market, that's horse-feathers.  Nintendo's made billions.  Apple would not follow MS & Sony's loss leading model, they'd sell at a profit, and if history is any indication, they'll have a high price and still sell millions.   - People will get a third job to get an iGame -  

I'll believe it when I see it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046