By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Apple vs Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. If it fully entered the battle ground..

Yes, they will fall to the death! 46 27.88%

No, have you gone insane? 41 24.85%

I don't know (noob) 15 9.09%

Shut up! I just hate Apple with a passion! 63 38.18%

Total:165

Theyd be better off waiting for one of the others to fail before jumping in. There is already more than enough.

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:

Theyd be better off waiting for one of the others to fail before jumping in. There is already more than enough.

and who will fail?

Oh come on! I can't possibly be the only one who saw that poll and thought "ooh, I get to call myself a noob! I'll pick that option!"

Apple wouldn't enter the market. There just isn't enough money in for them. Just look at activison and other western developers, not enough money.

KungKras said:

Bah, Apple is not a gaming company, they would never pose a threat to established games co....

wait a minute.

Microsoft wasn't a home console or portable gaming company either but look at were they are today, anyting is possible and with apple's marketing team, engineering team, and vast amount of resources and cash well anything is possible.....

I hate you platinum, I hate you......PS3 FTW.........PSN ID: Battousai147

Around the Network

If Apple enter the industry Sony will become like Sega.

battousai147 said:
KungKras said:

Bah, Apple is not a gaming company, they would never pose a threat to established games co....

wait a minute.

Microsoft wasn't a home console or portable gaming company either but look at were they are today, anyting is possible and with apple's marketing team, engineering team, and vast amount of resources and cash well anything is possible.....

This is exactly my point. 

Theres no way apple will enter the race.... Not right now...... 

Does Apple own ANY gaming studio? No. Microsoft does. Nintendo IS. Sony also IS. But Apple? Nope.

If Apple really wants to enter the gaming arena for real, they HAVE to acquire a game developing studio. Also, few people buy an iProduct for games. Name any Killer-App for iProducts. Angry Birds? It's also available on other mobile services.

We might have analysts get orgasms for those amazing 50 million users, but those users aren't really dedicated gamers since the iProducts aren't dedicated gaming devices. People didn't buy their iPhones to play games back in 2007. Apple tries to push it to that direction, but ultimately it will never reach dedicated gamers unless they take game-making seriously.

Oh, and touch-only interface can be a bad choice for many games as Sonic the Hedgehog on the iPhone has proved times and again.

Mobile gaming is NOT the same as handheld gaming. Otherwise, the DS wouldn't remain the best-selling console (handheld or otherwise)

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. " So, go ahead and ask.
battousai147 said:
KungKras said:

wait a minute.

That was kind of the point. With so many non-gaming companies doing video games, we might as well have another one.

I LOVE ICELAND!