Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's talk about wii's 2011 lineup

Well.....

This year was lazy for my.....Only bought 3 games....in this Cristhmas I hope to buy more games....

3 or 4.....

Saludos!!

Around the Network
jarrod said:
adsl said:

What about Rune Factory Oceans? Will it be released this year (at least in Japan)?

Depends... if XSEED picks it up, then this year.  If Natsume does, then welcome to (probably 2nd half) 2012. ;)

Anyway (likely) 2011 stuff I'm interested in...

• Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road Victory (Square Enix / 8ing)
  • Earth Seeker (Kadokawa Games / Crafts & Meister) 
  • La-Mulana (Nicalis / Nigoro)
  • Lost in Shadow (Hudson)
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blazing / Stormy / Light Adventure Squad (Nintendo / Chunsoft)
  • Rhythm Heaven Wii (Nintendo / THX)
  • Rune Factory Oceans (Marvelous / Neverland)
  • The Last Story (Nintendo / Mistwalker / AQinteractive)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
  • Xenoblade (Nintendo / Monolith Soft)
  • Zero Shinsaku (Tecmo Koei / Team Trachyon)
...kinda RPG heavy (for a change, lol).

Exactly what Japans needs...

Above: still the best game of the year.

DarkCronos said:

2011 isn't looking to be as great as 2010 was, but hopefully Zelda:SS, De Blob 2, Conduit 2, Kirby and the Udraw tablet will be more than enough to keep me busy until the e3... then i hope they'll announce something really good for the second half of the year... and we NEED an official confirmation that Xenoblade is coming.

It already has been confirmed:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120517&page=1

Above: still the best game of the year.

Salnax said:

Don't forget the Wiiware version of Super Meat Boy.

All in all, it sounds decent for now. The second half of the year is always a mystery; Goldeneye, Wii Party, Kirby, and Donkey Kong were all announced just a few months before release this year alone. I could imagine the first half of the year being very slow, though that might be overshadowed by the 3DS.

Is it confirmed WiiWare? I read somewhere that they were having trouble cutting it down to fit the size restriction, and were comtemplating a release on disc, with some extras.

Out of the games you have listed I'm interested in Zelda, The Last Story, and Xenoblade (the rest are out this year in NA). Pikmin 3 won't be out in 2011. Miyamoto was essentially strong armed into saying "we are working on pikmin" which really means nothing. I haven't heard anything since so I have no reason to believe it is a 2011 title.

I'm sure there will be a lot of other titles for 2011 too, as 2010 looked really grim for a while and now there are a ton of games I want to get (the same could be said about every previous year too).

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
DarkCronos said:

2011 isn't looking to be as great as 2010 was, but hopefully Zelda:SS, De Blob 2, Conduit 2, Kirby and the Udraw tablet will be more than enough to keep me busy until the e3... then i hope they'll announce something really good for the second half of the year... and we NEED an official confirmation that Xenoblade is coming.

It already has been confirmed:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120517&page=1

Not even looking at that thread, NOA calls it Monado (the original anounced name) and they've had it in their release schedule since it was announced at E3. I believe The Last Story needs to be announced for NA though.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

blunty51 said:
Salnax said:

Don't forget the Wiiware version of Super Meat Boy.

All in all, it sounds decent for now. The second half of the year is always a mystery; Goldeneye, Wii Party, Kirby, and Donkey Kong were all announced just a few months before release this year alone. I could imagine the first half of the year being very slow, though that might be overshadowed by the 3DS.

Is it confirmed WiiWare? I read somewhere that they were having trouble cutting it down to fit the size restriction, and were comtemplating a release on disc, with some extras.

No, but dammit, it was announced for WiiWare first. A disc release would be fine too.

Love and tolerate.

nordlead said:

Out of the games you have listed I'm interested in Zelda, The Last Story, and Xenoblade (the rest are out this year in NA). Pikmin 3 won't be out in 2011. Miyamoto was essentially strong armed into saying "we are working on pikmin" which really means nothing. I haven't heard anything since so I have no reason to believe it is a 2011 title.

I'm sure there will be a lot of other titles for 2011 too, as 2010 looked really grim for a while and now there are a ton of games I want to get (the same could be said about every previous year too).

Miyamoto did say they are 'well into development' for pikmin 3. I'd like to think that suggests a a possible end of the year release.  Looking at that lineup thus far it would make quite a bit of sense to have Pikmin3 close it out. If Pikmin 3 is the 2012 swan song I hope Miyamoto is hard at work at the new IP he's hinted at.

nordlead said:
Beuli2 said:
DarkCronos said:

Not even looking at that thread, NOA calls it Monado (the original anounced name) and they've had it in their release schedule since it was announced at E3. I believe The Last Story needs to be announced for NA though.

While not announced officially, Nintendo did trademark "The Last Story" in the US.  I'm pretty sure both it and Xenoblade are coming over (eventually).

Now, if only Nintendo would allow Atlus (or anyone) to license Reginliev and Trace Memory R... and do a 2nd round of NPC releases so I can get Pikmin 2! :/