By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's talk about wii's 2011 lineup

2010 was great! All the bananas, galaxies and monsters made it a year to remember.  Sadly it must come to a close...but we can look forward to wii's 2011 lineup.

Decent titles with a release date(ish):

Lost Shadow(US)--Jan 04

Lego Star wars III: The Clone Wars--Feb 15

de Blob 2--Feb 22

Kirby Epic Yarn---Feb 25 EU

Conduit 2---Feb 28

WWE All Stars---Mar 29(looks to be an interesting brawler)

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean---May 31

The Grinder---Oct 31(maybe potentially hopefully)

Likely 2011 titles with no release date:

Call of Duty developed by Slugehammer(probably early November)

Mario Sports Mix(nov 25 2010 JP; Jan 28, 2011 EU; TBA 2011 US)

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Pikmin 3

EDIT: Japan releases releases aswell

Fatal Frame

The Last Story

Dragon Quest X

Xenoblade

These are all according to IGN, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure someone will do an'official 2011' thread.  What do you make of this lineup? When should nintendos 3 games be released? Should nintendo call up another franchise for the holidays?

Given that 2010 was great and 3DS will be the greatest focus, I'm content with this lineup. I'd say Zelda should be released in late April, Mario Sports Mix(US) in early June, and Pikmin 3 in mid November.  Starfox would be a nice addition, but I could see it being the wii's swan song in 2012.

Around the Network

Skyward Sword comes out in March. I think.

Don't forget the Wiiware version of Super Meat Boy.

All in all, it sounds decent for now. The second half of the year is always a mystery; Goldeneye, Wii Party, Kirby, and Donkey Kong were all announced just a few months before release this year alone. I could imagine the first half of the year being very slow, though that might be overshadowed by the 3DS.

Love and tolerate.

Maybe Dragon Quest X in Japan.

I'll be picking up Conduit 2 and Skyward Sword in the spring so I'd say it's a solid start to the year.  Also Lost in Shadow looks really cool.  I love the style and concept.  A new Pikmin would really make my year though.  If they release one this year it won't matter what else comes out, it will already be a great year to me!

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

Around the Network

Zelda!

Fatal Frame Remake

Zelda

The Last Story

Dragon Quest X

Xenoblade

Those games are the only ones i'm interested.

You are missing some interesting Wii titles that are not confirmed for US, but are Likely 2011:

Fatal Frame Remake

Xenoblade

The Last Story

Rhythm Heaven Wii

Izuna Eleven Wii (the DS version its coming out in Europe on January)

flagstaad said:

You are missing some interesting Wii titles that are not confirmed for US, but are Likely 2011:

Fatal Frame Remake

Xenoblade

The Last Story

Rhythm Heaven Wii

Yeah, I probably should have tried to search for the international titles aswell.  As we saw with TvC and MH3 they can be easily sent to the west with great success.  Truth be told I'm not one to judge even if an RPG/anime title is quality or not. 

pacman91 said:
flagstaad said:

Fatal Frame Remake

Xenoblade

The Last Story

Rhythm Heaven Wii

Yeah, I probably should have tried to search for the international titles aswell.  As we saw with TvC and MH3 they can be easily sent to the west with great success.  Truth be told I'm not one to judge even if an RPG/anime title is quality or not. 

Xenoblade has already been confirmed to be high quality, and everything about The Last Story shouts quality.

All I need for 2011 is for these 2 to get localized - just between the two (not even counting Zelda..) there will be more hours of gameplay than I will have available...

As fillers (or at least for my daughters) I could always get de blob 2, Udraw plus Drawn To Life Udraw (which will probably come out next year). And if Fatal Frame Remake makes it to the West, I'll grab that to rest between the RPGs. And then there is the 3DS, oh my, does anyone know where I can buy some extra time for playing? 

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin