By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ..... do you guys still trust IGN?

This thread isn't about me whining about GT5's scores, infact i'm glad that it got what it got so that i can make another excuse to why to not trust reviewers

Don't say i didn't tell you so.

they only review the popular games lately, lots of the less popular games get half assed reviews while even sometimes don't get any reviews at all.

their reviews are obviously very biased to certain developers , for you see having a DLC get 10/10 from rockstar game that is buggy as hell and even their god awful game GTA IV getting a 10/10 as well, while full games that are filled with content like dare i say it? GT5 getting less scores for being sim racers, and of course japanese developers can't seem to bribe them overseas.

they're certainly very biased to the whole "Blockbuster" kind of games, see Uncharted, Call Of Duty , Gears, then see games like Majin.

They almost always review games on Xbox 360 , ignoring PC , PS3 and Wii, why is that? , i don't know, also they almost ignored PSN, WiiWare and Steam games last year, they only gave XBLA GOTY awards.

also forgot to mention this (which is actually the reason i've made this thread)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120125&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120124&page=1

gotta love it..

Also when they review something its as if its being reviewed by a "Gam'r dood!" with no professional explaination but mostly rather the "it sucks" or "its one heck of a explosive ride!" , with no specific detail on the.... well the game features, isn't that what reviews are mean't to do?

Even more , that they always be the first site to review the games, they never toke their time to actually review the game fully, thats why you see Gamespot for example having a "Late" review of a big game, lots of people think its because they're slow or because they haven't got the game early, no, its because they're reviewing the game fully instead of just the half assed first impression of a review IGN does.

so do you guys STILL consider this crap "Professional" ?

Around the Network

Yes. I trust them with my life.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

IGN don't have a clue. They gave Football Manager 2010 a 1.5/10. 

Although all of the western media seem to hate Japanese games (apart from Nintendo first party). How many non-Nintendo Japanese home console games have averaged over 90% this generation? Not even Valkyria Chronicles did and thats a masterpiece. 

Edit: 6 Japanese games with over 90%. MGS4, Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4, Okami (Wii), Resident Evil 4 (Wii), Bayonetta. Two remakes and an upgraded edition. One new IP. 

GT5 got a 8.5 T_T

EL_PATRAS said:

GT5 got a 8.5 T_T

The problem isn't 8.5 score... that's fine if the comments were in line with the score... but the reviewer said many times about "best sim game ever", "best driving phisics evers", "best racing graphics", and, in the end, gave a 8.5.

Makes no sense for me.

Around the Network

I was 1000000000000000000% sure this thread was about GT5 score

Do you still beat your wife?

morenoingrato said:

I was 1000000000000000000% sure this thread was about GT5 score

And you are wrong or right?

badgenome said:

Do you still beat off to war princess ?

PullusPardus said:
badgenome said:

Do you still beat off to war princess ?

Yes, of course. I'm doing it right now, in fact. I have no idea what you're talking about.