By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ..... do you guys still trust IGN?

pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:

i believe its Atelier Rorona , one of my favorites this year (and was very hard to find!)

It looks like a Barbie game

you always seem to make ignorant comments like this, i don't really know why i bothered.

Around the Network

Bumping the thread since it seems very relevant right now

(DONT SAY I DIDNT TELL YOU SO!, i've been saying this for a looooooooong time)

Here's how I see it.  IGN is the middle ground between Fanboyism (metacritic's averages) and what I usually see in a game.  When The Conduit came out, a game which they had been hyping more than anything before,  they gave it an 8.6.  I, after riding IGN's hype train, thought it more of a 7.  The graphics were terribly bland.  But they were so half and half in their article because they wanted it to be good after waiting so long.  Another example would be

They have 3 major problems though:

Every somewhat major IP gets 8 scores, with the really big players consistently hitting 9 and up.

Every new and/or kid-specific IP gets either below 7 or no rating at all, hence their newfound refusal to rate shovelware.

The editors don't come out and express their true opinions.  When their was that huge restructuring last year with the Nintendo reviewer team I really lost faith in them.  The  nintendo voice chat podcast used to be my favorite weekly video game insight until one of the guys decided to jump ship in favor of the ps3.  Next thing you know every single one of the editors is hating on the wii like it's no tomorrow........ come on guys.  Not every wii game is shovelware.

If you want real proof of how bad they've gotten at giving genuine scores, look at their top 3 wii games as of late.  All 9.0s.

I'm not a fanboy, I just don't enjoy dual analog control.  It's d-pad or wii-mote for me.

the conduit has changed the way wii play games.

I know.  I'm sick of the puns too.

kevin the wiiite said:

Here's how I see it.  IGN is the middle ground between Fanboyism (metacritic's averages) and what I usually see in a game.  When The Conduit came out, a game which they had been hyping more than anything before,  they gave it an 8.6.  I, after riding IGN's hype train, thought it more of a 7.  The graphics were terribly bland.  But they were so half and half in their article because they wanted it to be good after waiting so long.  Another example would be

They have 3 major problems though:

Every somewhat major IP gets 8 scores, with the really big players consistently hitting 9 and up.

Every new and/or kid-specific IP gets either below 7 or no rating at all, hence their newfound refusal to rate shovelware.

The editors don't come out and express their true opinions.  When their was that huge restructuring last year with the Nintendo reviewer team I really lost faith in them.  The  nintendo voice chat podcast used to be my favorite weekly video game insight until one of the guys decided to jump ship in favor of the ps3.  Next thing you know every single one of the editors is hating on the wii like it's no tomorrow........ come on guys.  Not every wii game is shovelware.

If you want real proof of how bad they've gotten at giving genuine scores, look at their top 3 wii games as of late.  All 9.0s.

in other words, they're just unprofessional.

PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:

i believe its Atelier Rorona , one of my favorites this year (and was very hard to find!)

you always seem to make ignorant comments like this, i don't really know why i bothered.

LOL, u mad Pardus? Didnt you notcie the resamblance with the Barbie theme in the box art?

It was joke, hehe

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:

LOL, u mad Pardus? Didnt you notcie the resamblance with the Barbie theme in the box art?

It was joke, hehe

i know , i'm not mad, its just everytime i post a serious reply to you, you end up making fun of it. >_<

PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:

It was joke, hehe

i know , i'm not mad, its just everytime i post a serious reply to you, you end up making fun of it. >_<

When do i that? I dont seem to remember you replaying to me at all, except for now.

pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:

It was joke, hehe

When do i that? I dont seem to remember you replaying to me at all, except for now.

Severance the name Stupid is my game.

PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:

It was joke, hehe

What now?

pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:
pizzahut451 said:
PullusPardus said:

It was joke, hehe

What now?

EXACTLY!