By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ..... do you guys still trust IGN?

Good joke thread!  I give it an 8.5 out of 10!

Around the Network

Joke thread, right?

Maybe some people agree with them, I never have..  GT and I usually see eye to eye though

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

meh Ill read their reviews from time to time, mine are still better

Pavolink said:
Mr.Metralha said:

I'll wait for a skyward sword 8.0 review to bash IGN.

When they score below 9.5 a long waited, hyped and delayed game, I tend to turn on the whining machine. Then I realize that life goes on.

:/

I wonder who will review the game...

Even if it comes out a masterpiece in every front, which is a high possibility, because of graphics that "don't compare to the HD twins" it will score like a 9 already.  Now with the fashion of online mode, if one is absent, it comes down to an 8.

Just wait to see.

IGN is basically an Xbox land. They gave move 8.5 and Kinect 7.5. Then a later video of Move vs Kinect they picked Kinect as a better product because it is "innovative" forgetting that PS Eye existed 6 years a go and almost every game you play now on Kinect can be played on PS Eye.

I stopped going to IGN since I saw the vide about Move vs Kinect.

Around the Network

My favorite games this gen are Dead Space, FFXIII, ME2, TWEWY, Dragon Quest V... now with the exception of ME2. They all are in the 80's meta wise so I trust no one :P

they're really no worse then anyone else. imo. from what I've read randomly. I don't read reviews that much. Some reviewers do a better job than others.

Pretty much I decide what I want to buy... normally, before reviews... and as long as it doesn't get panned <75 I'll still buy it. If it's get panned I'll read more into it and decide. If it gets consensusly high score 90 , I'll atleast rent it or look into it. unless, it's a series I'm not interested in, like halo, killzone, or resistance (or basically console FPS) in which I won't care.

I liked EGM the best. before it got canned. I know it got uncanned but its not the same. now I don't really like one better than any other... except destructoid and edge I usually disagree with. With destructoid not really being competent.

dunno001 said:

Wait... did I not get the memo? I was supposed to trust IGN at some point? Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands.

Finally someone that understands.  Those are some wise words my friend.  A gamer indeed.

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

They changed a lot in the past few months. I really did see a shift in their way of handling reviews and giving scores.

I used to fully trust them but I realized I shouldn't.

I don't agree with a lot of things they do but I still think they are trying to be helpful.

I don't get upset when a game I like doesn't get a good score, so yeh, I like their reviews.

Yes, I generally use them and Gametrailers.