By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ..... do you guys still trust IGN?

ethomaz said:
EL_PATRAS said:

GT5 got a 8.5 T_T

The problem isn't 8.5 score... that's fine if the comments were in line with the score... but the reviewer said many times about "best sim game ever", "best driving phisics evers", "best racing graphics", and, in the end, gave a 8.5.

Makes no sense for me.

High expectations lowered the score I think. Also they did say cars that aren't "premium" are much lower quality (comparatively), the damage modelling is sub-par, winning races is based on having the best car and not on skill, etc.

So I think that sounds like 8.5 is a fair score. And hell I consider 8.5 to be a great score! Yeah I was hoping it would get a 9 but still 85% is great. If I got 85% on any test I'd be ecstatic. 

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

so just because GT5 got an 8.5 they are biased???

wow stop with this **** ...has it occured to you that its just an opinion, just like myself who would give it a 7.5

its a racing sim, perhaps you might like it, but you have to realize that it doesnt appeal as much to other people

read the fucking article.

Tanstalas said:

Joke thread, right?

Maybe some people agree with them, I never have..  GT and I usually see eye to eye though

no why would it be? O_o

I'm done with IGN from now on it's only gamespot for me.  I don't know how they scored GT5 8.5 without even testing the online.  I so hope gamespot gives GT5 a 9.5 so the internet can sh** on IGN's face.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

nightsurge said:

Good joke thread!  I give it an 8.5 out of 10!

You just won the everything.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Tanstalas said:

Joke thread, right?

Maybe some people agree with them, I never have..  GT and I usually see eye to eye though

no why would it be? O_o

Because they are usually so far off base in regards to certain things I scratch my head and think to myself, "Someone has to have paid them to say that"

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Darth Tigris said:
nightsurge said:

Good joke thread!  I give it an 8.5 out of 10!

You just won the everything.

Dito.

Anyways, yes I trust IGN more than I trust the OP.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

Dito.

and why do you trust IGN? (no one agrees with me anyways so you're not alone)

PullusPardus said:
Faxanadu said:

Dito.

and why do you trust IGN? (no one agrees with me anyways so you're not alone)

Because over the last 10 years they have provided good review services to me.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Regardless of the reviewer, I tend to take them all with a grain of salt! If one doesn't like how IGN reviews games, then make a note to never take their reviews seriously ever again. :)

I like to get a combination of reviews, friends opinions, etc.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"