By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to outship the X360 by the end of the 4th quarter? Oh yeh

I believe it's going to happen now that we really seen the numbers and what Move has done, the PS3 is selling number one and is looking to be the number one console for the Holidays. If GT5 releases this year which it should sales are really going to explode.

Sure the PS3 will probably not pass the X360 in actual sold numbers but shipped? I think so.

Around the Network

One word you should remember, and not underestimate -

Kinect.

I think it will be very very close but it certainly looks possible

^^ those jiggling tatties are so hipnotic

Carl2291 said:

One word you should remember, and not underestimate -

Kinect.

QFT.  This thing is gonna be massive, it can really mess stuff up.  By no means will Sony do badly, but it's gonna be a crazy holidays.

Gilgamesh said:

I believe it's going to happen now that we really seen the numbers and what Move has done, the PS3 is selling number one and is looking to be the number one console for the Holidays. If GT5 releases this year which it should sales are really going to explode.

Sure the PS3 will probably not pass the X360 in actual sold numbers but shipped? I think so.

I doubt the PS3 will outsell the 360 for a single week for a long, LONG time after Kinect launches, but who knows about the ridiculous shipped numbers. They pretty much mean nothing. Every tracker (VGChartz, NPD, Media Create) showed that the PS3 sold far less in the Apr-June 2010 quarter than the previous quarter, but according to Sony it shipped more units. And anyone with any sense knows that there is no way the PS3 shipped 700,000 units more than the 360 this quarter with the release of the Slim, Halo: Reach, etc. It's almost laughable.

Around the Network
Pirateogta said:
Gilgamesh said:

I doubt the PS3 will outsell the 360 for a single week for a long, LONG time after Kinect launches, but who knows about the ridiculous shipped numbers. They pretty much mean nothing. Every tracker (VGChartz, NPD, Media Create) showed that the PS3 sold far less in the Apr-June 2010 quarter than the previous quarter, but according to Sony it shipped more units. And anyone with any sense knows that there is no way the PS3 shipped 700,000 units more than the 360 this quarter with the release of the Slim, Halo: Reach, etc. It's almost laughable.

Not disagreeing with you, but I just hate it when people use "etc." when they have nothing else to say.

Another impressive thing that might happen is that 2010 could be the last year where Wii leads hardware sales.

i would not be surprised to see the Wii loose it's number 1`spot in 2011...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Pirateogta said:
Gilgamesh said:

So we should be seeing sony in court soon then? 

OT- Probably not but its possible, I would guess two more quarters. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Pirateogta said:
Gilgamesh said:

Nice way to begin posting, dude. You won't last far that way .

Go check ioi's explanation for the adjusments and learn a bit about how the market works before insulting everyone by posting such BS.

Only time will tell right now no one knows this gen is nuts... Some months ago no one thought Wii would be at 3rd now... Well in 2005 everyone said 360 wont have any chance agaisnt Ps3... and in 2008 every one said Ps3 was doomed to failure...

See where we are now ?? yes right.