By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Question -

What is the point of this thread?

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Yes, but Michael Pachter is predicting a huge holiday season for the Wii. So it is, in fact, doomed.

Hahaha. Im still waiting for that Wii HD :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Wii just jumped this week from 138K to 188K out of who knows where and its doomed?

Carl2291 said:

Question -

Sitting down, holding hands, singing kum-bai-ya, etc. etc. (don't forget the s'mores!)

From what I took from it, I thought he was trying to say that Wii and its fans dont need to lash out at others for their successes, or to feel down because their console isn't in first place. It's already hugely successful and nothing will take away the legacy it has established.

Or something like that.

Last year Wii sold over 2 million units in the upcoming weeks: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82590/2010-year-on-year-sales-and-market-share-update-to-october-23rd/ Compared to that it indeed does look doomed, though only because those sales where so impressive last year.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Carl2291 said:

Question -

Sitting down, holding hands, singing kum-bai-ya, etc. etc. (don't forget the s'mores!)

From what I took from it, I thought he was trying to say that Wii and its fans dont need to lash out at others for their successes, or to feel down because their console isn't in first place. It's already hugely successful and nothing will take away the legacy it has established.

Or something like that.

exactly. :D

*Note to myself: next time you want to say something, use a dictionary to do it properly*

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

AnthonyW86 said:

Last year Wii sold over 2 million units in the upcoming weeks: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82590/2010-year-on-year-sales-and-market-share-update-to-october-23rd/ Compared to that it indeed does look doomed, though only because those sales where so impressive last year.

Don't you mean 12 millions? :P

Above: still the best game of the year.

i've got to say, wii is a great family game... if your family does play games, and i've noticed that after a while they soon get fed up of it (reasons may vary) and playing it on your own starts to make you think the wii is boring. on the other hand, being the cheapest console and very high in sales it ought to be good and for some it is. the wii in my experience is something that needs to be played with a group of people and when it first came out i knew somebody that bought it straight away, this person was someone who mainly played games that had a long solo-campaign which would take a couple of long hours to finish, they then noticed that the wii isn't made for this (however resident evil, tomb raider did make a slight change in what the wii is capable of achieving but didn't carry on.) because of this disappointment many wii's were traded in, sold online and this makes me think that nintendo over rated their advantage of motion control over the opposing consoles which i why i think prices are being lowered, more are being bought by seeing the other sales (due to the fact that it was cheap) more people buy it, until people realise why the prices are low and the arrival of the wii's downfall is close.

i'm not trying to say the wii is bad, it's just my opinion and my first forum post.

The Wii is just doing fine, there's no need to worry. November is our month. Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

It is pretty disheartening that 1 console doing exceptionally well means the others are doing poorly. Don't we want them all to do as well as they possibly can thereby keeping the industry and allowing creativity and choice to flourish. The Wii has outperformed everyones expectations and then some. It undoubtedly will ship more hardwae and software than the other systems.

The Xbox 360 is a huge improvement over the orignal Xbox and is on track for its best calendar year ever.

As for the PS3, well.... there is a reason the forums are jumping up and down right now.

Can't we all just get along?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.