By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: No hype for ZELDA :(

Really apart from the E3 trailer... nothing! How can we hyped?? And i'm a realllly big fan of the series so this is not good :P

Around the Network

The initial demo and trailer were shockingly meh for a Zelda game.

And Twilight Princess disappointment my hype is even lower.

But on the bright side its art style is more in the direction of Wind Waker, my fav Zelda.

Its still a day 1 buy because its a new Zelda.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Slimebeast said:

It was a good article. It reflects why there's almost no hype for Zelda. My own expectations well to rock bottom for those exact reasons in the article.

When is it supposed to come out, Christmas 2011? I believe Spring is out of the question.

It will be out for Spring. Yest it will u_u

Mr.Metralha said:
Slimebeast said:

It was a good article. It reflects why there's almost no hype for Zelda. My own expectations well to rock bottom for those exact reasons in the article.

When is it supposed to come out, Christmas 2011? I believe Spring is out of the question.

It will be out for Spring. Yest it will u_u

It's only rumored though not confirmed right?

It will slip to Christmas because of the bad criticism, they'll polish it for another 6 months.

I'm glad it isn't so "hyped" serioulsy the last 5 game that I have bought and been really "hyped" about have turned into huge dissapointment, the biggest one was FFXIII.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Whenever they are going to release a Zelda game , I am exited , But like saviox said we don't have a release date set for it yet so there is no hype

It will be good like the rest of Zelda adventures

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I'm sure it will be as good as any other Zelda. But Nintendo really fucked up with that failed demo and lame trailer. I was more excited for Phantom Hourglass than I am this. Definitely the least hyped in the series in recent memory.

Exactly how I feel. It's underwhelming when you consider the reaction to other recent Zelda reveals-particularly Twilight Princess in 2004. As a big fan of Zelda, I can't wait to get it, but it's up in the air whether it'll be a decent Zelda title or a challenger for best Zelda yet. I think the reason Nintendo showed it at the beginning of their conference was because they anticipated technical problems. That way, the rest of the games shown and the 3DS reveal could take attention away from a poor reveal for one of the most beloved franchises in gaming.

This being said, we've seen barely anything of the game. An early build of an area that may not even be in the final game is no way to  judge this. I mean, look at the reaction to Wind Waker in 2001-Celda, anyone? And I half believe if they hadn't rushed Wind Waker to market, and upped the difficulty a little, it would have been the greatest Zelda yet. As it was, it turned out to be a masterpiece with a couple of issues that really came down to how much patience you had. 

Guess I'd better stop looking forward to it...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This article sums it up perfectly for me in a weird way, the reason people aren't excited about this game has nothing to do with the game itself.

The early impressions of the actual game were great from what I read, but it was the poster, the demo and the trailer that fell a bit flat.

I think that picture from E309 is to blame, we were expecting a more realistic OoT/MM/TP-ish but got a WW art style instead, and if you recall, that was the most hated (initially) and the least selling console title in the series... Broken promise = dissapointment = bad = no hype

That's moslty the reason why i'm not really hyped for SS as well as the ugly/childish looking enemies, the bland environment shown so far, the horrible demo and the HUGE lack of info on the title

Really the only reason i can think to possibly be hyped for SS is that it's another Zelda title, but since it doesn't really resemble any of the other, more beloved titles in the series it's getting no love/hype from most

I'm kinda hyped because it's the first Zelda title with 1:1 sword combat and the potential for MotionPlus to be used in creative and challenging ways. Though even here i'm a bit sceptical since seeing how the game/enemies look i'm not sure it'll be very imaginitive and challeginging, i am worried

I hope it gets pushed back to Holiday 2011 so maybe they'll have enough time to perfect everything and deliver something worthy of the Zelda name, current state of FF comes to mind... give us the Mario Galaxy of the Zelda series!!!!!!!