By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: No hype for ZELDA :(

kid-oriented graphics of Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. 

Oh no he di'nt! :P

Anyway, very hyped for what will inevitably be a great game, and preorders are building up already despite no release date on Wii's track record of low preorders

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
the_bloodwalker said:

@Pavolink

Still I will wait and be 50/50 with this game, until I see many reviews. Not planning to buy it on launch as I did with all console Zelda games since N64

Well, as thing has turned over Metroid Other M. I believed when I saw the trailers that this can be the best Metroid... :/

Other M fascinated me with the first trailer. But as new info came out I was having second thoughts and now I'm glad I didn't buy the game.

I got introduced to the series with Prime and loved every game, then went to the NES, GB and SNES games

the_bloodwalker said:
Pavolink said:
the_bloodwalker said:

@Pavolink

Still I will wait and be 50/50 with this game, until I see many reviews. Not planning to buy it on launch as I did with all console Zelda games since N64

Well, as thing has turned over Metroid Other M. I believed when I saw the trailers that this can be the best Metroid... :/

Other M fascinated me with the first trailer. But as new info came out I was having second thoughts and now I'm glad I didn't buy the game.

I got introduced to the series with Prime and loved every game, then went to the NES, GB and SNES games

My Wii doesn't read :/

IMO was to linear and I don't like the Adam's Authorize System. Like you, I was introduce with Prime, but my best Metroid is Super Metroid, and Prime 1 at second.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

@Pavolink...

I though It was Aonuma... I hope he listens to his son very carefully... 

If I were to rank The Zelda games, I would do it as...

1-Ocarina of time

2-twilight princess

3-A link to the past

4-Links awakening

5-wind waker

---

And so for metroid, even though it was not as good as prime 3, IMO, it was a very good game... I liked the story, the control were fine, but a little limited... My only complain was the upgrade system (Aka, adam), I do understand the logic behind adam trying not to use the most powerfull weapons before they secured the areas and so... But I still didnt liked... super metroid was my first metroid, so I was waiting for this game with a lot of anticipation, not that I am completely dissatisfied, but... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

The reason most people aren't very hyped is because 1. the game was unveiled with a uneventful gameplay demo instead of the usual OMFG EPIC trailer, and 2. we've recieved absolutely no new information about the game since that initial unveiling, and the unveiling didn't reveal much other than the artstyle.

Aside from that, there's aboslutely no reason not to be totally stoked for this game.  IT'S ZELDA!  WOO!

Of course, one could've been hyped for this game simply because its Zelda before or after the unveiling, which I suppose is saying a lot.  We need new info, Nintendo.  ;_;

Around the Network

I can't believe they typed that entire thing with all that about the 1:1 motion controlled swordplay, without mentioning the motion controlled whip, beetle flying, bomb tossing, or bomb bowling.

I actually played the same E3 demo build at Gamescom, and I'm not hyped for it because:

- The area shown in the demo is just bland and lifeless. Its just a tech demo that won't be part of the final product, sure, but still they could have created a better area for the firs tech demo of the game. While the artstyle is good, polygon count for trees and overall vegetation made me felt like starring at an N64 game.

- Sword controls aren't as good as WSR, I wonder if this is due to calibration because you don't rest the controller on a flat surface laying down, you just hold it pointing the IR to the ground and the console calibrates it that way. I suppose it wouldn't be practical to do standard calibration on a public event showfloor. Either case, controls didn't work as good as expected.

- The whip feels just odd to control, same to bow and arrow.

- No epic reveal trailer .

- The font used for "Skyward Sword" below the title and the overall logo, just isn't on par with TP and WW. Infact I think it is even more ugly than the SNES Zelda logo.

- Delay to 2011

One of the things that bugged me a lot was the trailer shown at E3. While it was good, it was not epic and jaw dropping, like when Twilight princess was first revealed on the GC (I remember the goosebumps I got), and the second trailer, while not as Epic, it was awesome and inspiring (Goosebumps # 2). But this time, I didn't get that cool feeling, but more like a "what?.. that looks good". Sure, the trailer was aimed to showcase the controls with Wii Motion Plus, but I think they could have done a far better job. The other trailers showcased the adventure you were going to experience... but not this time. Nintendo needs to release another trailer that focuses more on the adventure and action aspect in order to make me believe again.

The other part that bothers me is the enemy design. Why do they have to look so ugly? With that artstyle you can make some pretty badass looking enemies, but that lacked in the images and the videos I have seen.

I am seriously worried

the_bloodwalker said:

I loved all Zelda games until I wen t to play the DS ones... Forgive me but I never expected to get bored so easily in a Zelda game. And two games to be exact.

I'm guessing you haven't played the CD-i trilogy ;)

on  a more serious note, as soon as more info/screenshots/videos emerge, the hype will return

It was a good article. It reflects why there's almost no hype for Zelda. My own expectations well to rock bottom for those exact reasons in the article.

When is it supposed to come out, Christmas 2011? I believe Spring is out of the question.