By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: No hype for ZELDA :(

All we saw at E3 was gameplay and art style. We have no idea what the game actually is going to entail, so it's kind of hard to get hyped over such a lack of information.

VGChartz

Around the Network

the only thing that i like about the game is that it is WM otherwise i am disappointed :(

but i am sure it will be a good game they need to make things more smooth around the edges though and fix the godamn trees!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I guess it has a lot to do with the things people expect Zelda to be. I always imagined 3D Zeldas to go the "Lord of the Rings" route, with huge enemies, a huge open world to explore and lots of sidequests that would help you to grow stronger. But Aonuma and Miyamoto always show off item meachanics and want to enhance gameplay - which is great but pretty worthless in a game that should be about epic battles. Really, all I need in a Zelda game are sword and shield, a bow and a huge world to explore. And challgene, of course.

miz1q2w3e said:

WW art style instead, and if you recall, that was the most hated (initially) and the least selling console title in the series... 

Err, Wind Waker outsold Majora's Mask, Four Swords Adventures Zelda II and almost certainly the CD-i atrocities.

zelda dosen't need hype! its good ou the box? when its time to hype sky ward sword then all Nintendo fans will be there.

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
miz1q2w3e said:

WW art style instead, and if you recall, that was the most hated (initially) and the least selling console title in the series... 

Err, Wind Waker outsold Majora's Mask, Four Swords Adventures Zelda II and almost certainly the CD-i atrocities.

oops XD

hmm, I don't know why i thought that (?) - i'm almost positive I've read somewhere here - maybe i'm remembering wrong >_<

well you could say it's the least selling of all the "normal" console Zeldas, like it has similar gameplay as opposed to MM's weird 3 day thing, FSA'a coop gameplay and ZeldaII's 2D style - - - the original LoZ/aLttP/OoT/WW and TP all have a similar structure

But I think we can all agree that WW got the most hate out of all the games in the series sadly D:

it will build soon

WW accesible? Bullshit! OoT was more linear and accesible than WW annoying and tedious sailing. Also the sales from WW weren't as good as eveb Majora's mask which was more niche.

Since WW, zelda sales have been shrinking and now new audience has arrived. That "new" audience are actually the kids that cannopt play the original zelda because there are no maps or story or cinemas. We the old audiences that enjoyed the first one, the SNES one and even the GB one are waiting for a true zelda and so far it hasn't arrived.

The idea that Zelda belongs to the "hardcores" is stupid. The first zelda was aimed at both kids and adults. Zelda II was more difficuly which prompted Nintendo to make AlttP more easy and linear.

Funny how these pathetic excuse for journalists like ti twist facts and stories.

And no hype because there hasn't been more reasons to be hyped. But Nintendo has done GREATLY without it...so who cares?

Bobbuffalo said:

WW accesible? Bullshit! OoT was more linear and accesible than WW annoying and tedious sailing. Also the sales from WW weren't as good as eveb Majora's mask which was more niche.

Since WW, zelda sales have been shrinking and now new audience has arrived. That "new" audience are actually the kids that cannopt play the original zelda because there are no maps or story or cinemas. We the old audiences that enjoyed the first one, the SNES one and even the GB one are waiting for a true zelda and so far it hasn't arrived.

The idea that Zelda belongs to the "hardcores" is stupid. The first zelda was aimed at both kids and adults. Zelda II was more difficuly which prompted Nintendo to make AlttP more easy and linear.

Funny how these pathetic excuse for journalists like ti twist facts and stories.

And no hype because there hasn't been more reasons to be hyped. But Nintendo has done GREATLY without it...so who cares?

That's not true, WW outsold MM considerably and sold about hte same amount as Link to the Past.

This is also not true. Twilight Princess is the second best-selling game in the series (could pass up Ocarina within a year!), Phantom Hourglass outsold Wind Waker and Link to the Past, and Spirit Tracks... eh, it's still the third or fourth best-selling handheld Zelda.

This entire post is predicated on fallacious assumptions.

Just let me get through November first IGN! Sheesh... I've got Sonic Colors, Epic Mickey, and Donkey Kong Country Returns to hype up first.

Come December/January when all this holiday hubub is over with... then I can start hyping Zelda.

Heck, throw in that Ganondorf is in the game, and I'll be Zelda's biggest cheerleader.