By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Angela Merkel = Hitler II?

non-gravity said:
NKAJ said:

Probably the most misleading thread title iv ever seen. Just because she wants immigrants to actually try and integrate themselves properly into Germany she is being compared to a mass-murderer.

Some would rather die than integrate :p

Then let them die.

Around the Network

Merkel, really? As much as I don't like her, she doesn't deserve a thread like this.

You're from Romania, right? So why no thread about this topic? 
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/sarkozys-roma-crackdown-compared-to-wwii-roundup-of-jews/19597244

Sarkozy and Berlusconi are Western Europe's most controversial and problematic politicians at the moment, certainly not Frau Wischiwaschi Merkel.

Acevil said:
NKAJ said:

Probably the most misleading thread title iv ever seen. Just because she wants immigrants to actually try and integrate themselves properly into Germany she is being compared to a mass-murderer.

Seriously why don't we ever compare people to another mass-murderer like Stalin, why is HITLER THE STANDARD!

:D i think hitler's moved more with the times..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpRqvCps_MQ 

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

sapphi_snake said:

@Barozi:

Freedom of religion, a Christian value? - That's a secular value, not a Chirsitan one.

No forced marriages, a Chrisitan value? - It was practiced by Chrisitans up until a century ago. It's a cultural value, that has nothing to do with religion.

Equality for women, a Chrisitan value? - Islam has that one too. But in both Islam and Chrisitanity women are considered to be "equal" to men, but "different", each having already established roles (a woman's place is in the home, the man is the provider etc.). The "equality" between genders in Chrisitanity is totally different from teh actual equality in modern Western society.

She doesn't want anyone to become Christian with that statement.

Forcing someone to subscribe to the values of a certain religion is no different than forcing them to convert to said religion. Religion is something personal, so individuals can choose to follow the values of a certain religion, however society at large musn't adhere to the moral teachings of any religion, if religious freedom is something that society strives for of course.

That's just it; if Merkel wanted to highlight the cultural differences and try to integrate Muslims into Germany, she should have used WESTERN VALUES, not Christian values. She's presenting this argument as if Christianity is superior to Islam.

That is some pretty scary speech from a western world power. Still, it's a fallacy to compare her to Hitler and I think that's a bad road to go down because it dilutes your argument.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

sapphi_snake said:
Barozi said:
sapphi_snake said:
Barozi said:
sapphi_snake said:

@Barozi:

Freedom of religion, a Christian value? - That's a secular value, not a Chirsitan one.

No forced marriages, a Chrisitan value? - It was practiced by Chrisitans up until a century ago. It's a cultural value, that has nothing to do with religion.

Equality for women, a Chrisitan value? - Islam has that one too. But in both Islam and Chrisitanity women are considered to be "equal" to men, but "different", each having already established roles (a woman's place is in the home, the man is the provider etc.). The "equality" between genders in Chrisitanity is totally different from teh actual equality in modern Western society.

She doesn't want anyone to become Christian with that statement.

Forcing someone to subscribe to the values of a certain religion is no different than forcing them to convert to said religion. Religion is something personal, so individuals can choose to follow the values of a certain religion, however society at large musn't adhere to the moral teachings of any religion, if religious freedom is something that society strives for of course.

Christian values are strongly tied with Western values. There's not much more to say, it's basically a synonym.
We Germans understand that it's the same and we Germans don't give a crap if you want to understand it or not.

As for the last part. Again she doesn't want you to believe in Jesus or such crap she simply states that certain moslem traditions are not welcomed in this country, because they are against the law (mostly human rights).

And I'm unbaptizied and didn't even vote for her party.

If you want to think that, go ahead. It's contrary to reality though.

only in your own reality though

Whatever dude. Read some books on the subject and see who's living in his own reality.

Or even better you simply accept that people don't need to agree with your opinion.

This thread is a pretty good example why religion sucks btw.
Debating over a hilariously unimportant topic *Oh noez I'm butthurt because she used the word Christian etc.*

People just have too much time...

ATHEISM FTW !!!!!!!!

Around the Network
NKAJ said:
Acevil said:
NKAJ said:

Seriously why don't we ever compare people to another mass-murderer like Stalin, why is HITLER THE STANDARD!

:D i think hitler's moved more with the times..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpRqvCps_MQ 

Whitest Kid are my favorite group, namely the guy who plays Hitler. 

Does said person hold an Apple of Eden?

A country has a right to demand immigrants adopt the countries values.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Nice. Bullshit from a guy who has no clue whatsoever.

So whatever, not worth getting into a content discussion here.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

MrBubbles said:

A country has a right to demand immigrants adopt the countries values.

But in doing so, they lose any right to claim themselves to be a progressive or integrated nation. They can demand anything they like out of their immigrant population but there are repercussions for doing so.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/