By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

1 million 82 23.91%

2 million 148 43.15%

3 million 73 21.28%

4 million 16 4.66%

5 million 4 1.17%

6 million plus 20 5.83%

Total:343

I think 1.2-1.5 million

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

I choose 500k

No offense, but are you insane?

Bah, it's totally realistic

Total sales by

First few days - 140k

First 10 days - 300k

End of Oct - 500k

End of Nov - 1M

End of Dec - 500k

Negative sales ftl :P

Anyway, 2 million seems like a sensible prediction to me

Over a milli8on under 2 IMO. Sure it could surprise me, and I hope it does, but I dont want to overestimate its potential. Who knows, maybe it will eventually manage to get in over 5 million households worldwide, that would be pretty neet

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

ElGranCabeza said:

I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Also, anecdotally, all my friends have heard of Natal/Kinect, no one has even heard of Move.

ElGranCabeza said:
smbu2000 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Icyedge said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

I choose 500k

Also, anecdotally, all my friends have heard of Natal/Kinect, no one has even heard of Move.

You see no evidence to suggest otherwise? Its already at 300 K without japan. It will already have more than 500K in 2 weeks when japan launch. Imagine in 3 months... 1 Million is as improbable as 6 million.

Says who?

You might want to check the front page.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82269/playstation-move-300000-units-sold-in-first-ten-days/

I have my doubt about those numbers. I'll just leave it at that.

Well you may have doubts about the HW install base (given the difficulty in accurately tracking an accessory that could have up to 7 units per household), but 250K Sports Champs to date, even with the standards 10% margin for error suggests significantly more than 500K Move install base by 1 January.

I went 1 million because I don't think it'll make it to 2 million, I'm thinking about 1.5 million.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Icyedge said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

I choose 500k

You see no evidence to suggest otherwise? Its already at 300 K without japan. It will already have more than 500K in 2 weeks when japan launch. Imagine in 3 months... 1 Million is as improbable as 6 million.

Says who?

This image is getting A LOT of use lately.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

johnglen said:

Wel i bought a starter pack yesterday and am currently enoying it so i'll be generous and say 2 million WW by year's end . Selling  vrtually the same ammount in its first full week with the first 2 days of its launch with some countries added (and at least a very big market , Germany) is not exactly "picking up" though . It also doesn't seem to be having a significant effect on ps3 sales (and no i don't consider differences of 10-20k on a weekly basis to be worth talking about) and some people seem to be grasping at straws to find positive results from move's launch.

uhm.. it released here in germany on the 15th of september, ahead of almost everywhere else (UK, US,..)

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Does the truth hurt?

ElGranCabeza said:

Does the truth hurt?

The truth of some biased guy on the Internet stating what his friends think regarding PS Move?

I'm writhing in pain.

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Does the truth hurt?

The truth of some biased guy on the Internet stating what his friends think regarding PS Move?

I'm writhing in pain.

How am I biased exactly?