By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

1 million 82 23.91%

2 million 148 43.15%

3 million 73 21.28%

4 million 16 4.66%

5 million 4 1.17%

6 million plus 20 5.83%

Total:343

I really think that delaying LBP2 was pretty bad thing to do for overall move sales this year. LBP2 would have been perfect game to sell move. Move probably works with it great and if it's anything like original game it will get high critical acclaim unlike other move games.

Around the Network

3.5 - 4.5 mln.

1 to 2 million seems right.  Holiday sales should be good and most people that go out and buy a new console for the holiday will probably pickup the full bundled package. 

well lets say it stays at its current rate of 300k per 2 weeks.  theres about 12 weeks left in the year.  so 300k X (12/2) = 300k X 6 weeks= 1800 k or 1.8 million by the end of the year.  so i figure about 2 mill by years end.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

500k? What a fuc*...

For me 2 million (10% more or less).

Around the Network

2 MILLION SEEMS REASONABLE :) when sorcery, kz3, socom 4 comes out move sales will go mad!!

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I chose 2 million WW.

I think regardless of what it ends up selling it will be a success financially for Sony and will influence Sony's approach with the PS4 and its eventual control scheme.

RolStoppable said:

Did I miss something? I thought we only had two weeks of sales for Move so far, so how can someone talk about it picking up steam already? Likewise, you can't say it's doing bad.

The other thing I have read occassionally is that the increase in PS3 hardware sales last week is due to Move, even though a new Formula 1 game was released at that time, after a break of about three years for F1 games on the PS3.

Can't really tell what caused the boost. Sports Champions week 2 > week 1, which makes people think Move caused the boost.

But as you said, F1 also sold 250k.

So it could have been either. I guess we will see next week.

2million seems like a nice guesstimate. I'm interested in seeing how it performs over the holiday season though, because right now we're stumbling around in the dark not knowing what kind of boost it will get.

VGChartz

Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

Did I miss something? I thought we only had two weeks of sales for Move so far, so how can someone talk about it picking up steam already? Likewise, you can't say it's doing bad.

The other thing I have read occassionally is that the increase in PS3 hardware sales last week is due to Move, even though a new Formula 1 game was released at that time, after a break of about three years for F1 games on the PS3.

Can't really tell what caused the boost. Sports Champions week 2 > week 1, which makes people think Move caused the boost.

But as you said, F1 also sold 250k.

So it could have been either. I guess we will see next week.

Actually most likely not. Fifa/PES week traditionally marks the historical pre-holiday buildup and sales usually increase across the board. Look back at 2007,2008, and 2009 sales on Fifa/PES week. Last year 360 was even up WOW despite ODST coming out the week before.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4