By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

1 million 82 23.91%

2 million 148 43.15%

3 million 73 21.28%

4 million 16 4.66%

5 million 4 1.17%

6 million plus 20 5.83%

Total:343
ElGranCabeza said:

How am I biased exactly?

"3DS to kick Sony out of the handheld market. Sell 300 million units LTD at the very least."

Regarding PSP2 - "Who the hell wants one with the 3DS coming out?"

Even in this thread... You stated 500k by the end of the year. While it's at 300k already.

And then take your pick from your post history.

Seriously. No offense by this. I know it could count as flaming. But you remind me of Avinash_Tyagi.

Being biased isn't a bad thing. I'm biased, I fully admit it. But being biased to the point that you refuse to believe anything other than what you want to believe isn't cool.

Around the Network

geez guys, it goes up WoW in one region and we're ready to say Move is picking up steam?!?  give it a rest guys, there's still plenty of time for Move to flop.

I think it will pass 3 million. It might even reach 4 if it starts picking up mainstream media outlets as a vastly improved Wii successor with HD graphics and blu ray capability (which it has in some places). It already hit 300 000 in 2 weeks and the holiday kick in hasn't even started. Once it does in mid October it has almost a full month to itself before the competing peripheral even launches. Of course a price drop on the Wii could change everything but I think 3 million is definitely achievable.

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

How am I biased exactly?

"3DS to kick Sony out of the handheld market. Sell 300 million units LTD at the very least."

Regarding PSP2 - "Who the hell wants one with the 3DS coming out?"

Even in this thread... You stated 500k by the end of the year. While it's at 300k already.

And then take your pick from your post history.

Seriously. No offense by this. I know it could count as flaming. But you remind me of Avinash_Tyagi.

Being biased isn't a bad thing. I'm biased, I fully admit it. But being biased to the point that you refuse to believe anything other than what you want to believe isn't cool.

Great post.....

I predict 3 million.

johnglen said:

Wel i bought a starter pack yesterday and am currently enoying it so i'll be generous and say 2 million WW by year's end . Selling  vrtually the same ammount in its first full week with the first 2 days of its launch with some countries added (and at least a very big market , Germany) is not exactly "picking up" though . It also doesn't seem to be having a significant effect on ps3 sales (and no i don't consider differences of 10-20k on a weekly basis to be worth talking about) and some people seem to be grasping at straws to find positive results from move's launch.

So you consider a 14% difference "not worth talking about" and not a "significant effect".

Say you lose 14% of your monthly income. Would that be not significant to you? Say you get it back. Still nothing? 

OT: I say 3 million, to be an optimist.

Someone said GT5 will have an influence since it's got move support. I don't see how it might, unless GT5 Move controllers come bundled with a G25 :P

Around the Network

Im going with 1.5m just to be safe.

BTW you guys seen the ammount of hate from Wii/360 fanatics on the front page news? LMAO effing hillarious!

Nice thread!!

Ideally 2 Million!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:

BTW you guys seen the ammount of hate from Wii/360 fanatics on the front page news? LMAO effing hillarious!

they are netitled to opinions, just ignore them if you think they are silly.... are they any more a fanatic than you?

Ping_ii
34 minutes ago

@wandamaxioff

Kinect = new new new? AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

more like kinect = EYE TOY 2 2 2!!!

Im just returning the favor for his PSMOVE insults in that topic.

thing is Kinect aint got nothing to do in a thread called "PS MOVE SELLS 300k" yet some fanatics just can't sleep without bringing it up to down play PSmove.

if they just stay the fuck out of the thread there wouldn't be kinect insults at all thrown back at them, they brought it to them selves.

kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:
kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:

they are netitled to opinions, just ignore them if you think they are silly.... are they any more a fanatic than you?

Ping_ii
34 minutes ago

@wandamaxioff

Kinect = new new new? AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

more like kinect = EYE TOY 2 2 2!!!

Im just returning the favor for his PSMOVE insults in that topic.

thing is Kinect aint got nothing to do in a thread called "PS MOVE SELLS 300k" yet some fanatics just can't sleep without bringing it up to down play PSmove.

if they just stay the fuck out of the thread there wouldn't be kinect insults at all thrown back at them, they brought it to them selves.

Nice. 

You mean like how in EVERY Kinect thread there are PS3 fans trolling it left and right.  Infact the majority of Kinect threads is a negative one started by a PS3 fan.

My advice is just ignore it, rather than be EXACTLY like them.

you don't see me tho yapping about how PSmove is this that etc on kinect threads I stay away unless I have something good to say.

I agree tho I'll just ignore em next time.

Nice fanboy bait in the poll ;) I bet someone will dig it up from the grave when move finishes with around 2 milions and will posts something like LOLOLOLO move flops no 6 milions sold :D

Anyway my reasonable prediction is 700-800k moves sold when kinect launches and 1,5-2M before end of year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB