By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

PS Move picking up steam, how much by end of year?

1 million 82 23.91%

2 million 148 43.15%

3 million 73 21.28%

4 million 16 4.66%

5 million 4 1.17%

6 million plus 20 5.83%

Total:343
postofficebuddy said:

Actually most likely not. Fifa/PES week traditionally marks the historical pre-holiday buildup and sales usually increase across the board. Look back at 2007,2008, and 2009 sales on Fifa/PES week. Last year 360 was even up WOW despite ODST coming out the week before.

Oh yeah. Forgot about FIFA

Looks like PS3 should have another great week next week too then!

Around the Network

Between 2.5 and 3 million.

1.8million seems reasonable. I'd say more, but with all the great games coming out, as well as Kinect, they'll be a lot for mums in the supermarket to decide this year...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

Did I miss something? I thought we only had two weeks of sales for Move so far, so how can someone talk about it picking up steam already? Likewise, you can't say it's doing bad.

The other thing I have read occassionally is that the increase in PS3 hardware sales last week is due to Move, even though a new Formula 1 game was released at that time, after a break of about three years for F1 games on the PS3.

Can't really tell what caused the boost. Sports Champions week 2 > week 1, which makes people think Move caused the boost.

But as you said, F1 also sold 250k.

So it could have been either. I guess we will see next week.

That's not true.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

I'd say 2.2 million.

Around the Network
saicho said:
Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

Did I miss something? I thought we only had two weeks of sales for Move so far, so how can someone talk about it picking up steam already? Likewise, you can't say it's doing bad.

The other thing I have read occassionally is that the increase in PS3 hardware sales last week is due to Move, even though a new Formula 1 game was released at that time, after a break of about three years for F1 games on the PS3.

Can't really tell what caused the boost. Sports Champions week 2 > week 1, which makes people think Move caused the boost.

That's not true.

We are ignoring american sales in that argument.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ElGranCabeza said:
smbu2000 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Icyedge said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

I choose 500k

No offense, but are you insane?

I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Also, anecdotally, all my friends have heard of Natal/Kinect, no one has even heard of Move.

You see no evidence to suggest otherwise? Its already at 300 K without japan. It will already have more than 500K in 2 weeks when japan launch. Imagine in 3 months... 1 Million is as improbable as 6 million.

Says who?

You might want to check the front page.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82269/playstation-move-300000-units-sold-in-first-ten-days/

I have my doubt about those numbers. I'll just leave it at that.

so vgs is wrong? hence i doubt that the ps3 is in the last place. i believe that its first!!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

darthdevidem01 said:
saicho said:
Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

That's not true.

We are ignoring american sales in that argument.

And Japan too.

Edit - Just see now... EMEAA first week adjusted UP 10k... now first week was tie with second week.

saicho said:

That's not true.

It was at the time of writing the post.

Not anymore though!!

Carl2291 said:
saicho said:

That's not true.

It was at the time of writing the post.

Not anymore though!!

Unlucky, though it would be a pretty AMAZING story if it was true...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.