By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Boss Gets Death Threats Over Xbox 360 FF13

Are people crazy these days ?

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:

SE needs to go multiplatform when they develop an HD game. Vs XIII will go the same route.

Their large development time and huge budget to make one of these games cannot recover all the costs with an exclusive HD console game.

SE cannot be exclusive anymore. People must acknowledge this

I disagree since quality exclusive games such as Demon's Souls, Heavy Rain, and Valkyria Chronicles have been successful financially while considering they sold less than FFXIII combined.  I picked these games as examples because they sold less than FFXIII combined while also being on the last place console (PS3 of course).  Also, these games cater to their fans.  And if ratings are a strong factor to some, these games received a higher average rating per title than FFXIII.  I'm not saying SE cannot go exclusive.  In fact, I praise them for going multi-platform with FFXIII when the 360 version announcement was first made.  But nothing you are saying holds water in the belief of the requirement of going multi-platform when making an HD game.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

themanwithnoname said:
leo-j said:

these are japanese gamers saying this.. not western gamers.. so it's different..

if they lose the japanese fanbase.. they are fucked..

they dug themselves into the hole though, they keep demonstrating that they are behind the 360 more so than any other video game system this gen.

If people in Japan really wanted to play the other SE games on the 360, they would've bought one already. It's not like the 360 isn't available in Japan. They should go to where the games they want are.

if that were true, TALES OF VESPERIA would have sold nothing on ps3 in japan..

japanese gamers are not XBOX 360 fans though

mM
NiKKoM said:

geez... some people need to get a life...

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT! (Wrestling reference)

Jordahn said:

Without a doubt, SquareEnix is NOT the former Squaresoft who once catered to their fan base regardless of platforms.  But I hope the death threats are just empty words "spoken" by a few ravenous individuals and nothing more.

Actually, I would argue they are trying to cater to fans by getting the game in as many peoples hands as possibe.  The people upset over this are just a waste of space.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
themanwithnoname said:
leo-j said:

these are japanese gamers saying this.. not western gamers.. so it's different..

if they lose the japanese fanbase.. they are fucked..

they dug themselves into the hole though, they keep demonstrating that they are behind the 360 more so than any other video game system this gen.

If people in Japan really wanted to play the other SE games on the 360, they would've bought one already. It's not like the 360 isn't available in Japan. They should go to where the games they want are.

if that were true, TALES OF VESPERIA would have sold nothing on ps3 in japan..

japanese gamers are not XBOX 360 fans though

Tales of Vesperia had a pretty significant amount of extras that weren't in the X360 version.

Whether they are X360 fans or not is irrelevant. The fact is, as I said before, if they really wanted those games, they would've bought one already. Acting like Square Enix has some sort of "guaranteed to support Sony products" clause listed on their website is pretty dumb when they're not owned by Sony. This is why you wait and see what platforms games go to.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Wait I'm confused; so the cops knew internal affairs was setting them up?

Over reaction for the fail...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

This is always entertaining, I wonder if Final Fantasy 13 V will be multiplatform. 

I thought the protests on Namco's facebook page were bad but this just seems to take it to a whole new level.  Atleast the Namco fans were civil but death threats over a game is a little insane.