By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Boss Gets Death Threats Over Xbox 360 FF13

Damn.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

Who cares FF has lost its mojo with many after that last game.

FF loses "mojo" from the fans with almost every release. Side games included like Dirge of Cerberus, Crystal Chronicles, etc.

With that said, sales don't seem to have been affected that much. Still the most popular RPG series.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ajescent said:
Packie said:

Im still stunned that some people act this crazy over a medicore terrible game.

yup...I went there...

Thanks for the fix.

FF7: OMG! Final Fantasy sux now! Look, it lost all of its charm.

FF8: OMG! Final Fantasy sux now! Look, it has the worst gameplay in the series yet.

FF9: OMG! Final Fantasy sux now! Look at the graphics made of fail and childish storyline.

FF10: OMG! Final Fantasy sux now! Look at the terrible story and characters.

FF11: OMG! Final Fantasy sux now! Look, it's an MMO. AN MMO!

FF12: OMG! Final Fantasy sux now! Look at it's MMO style gameplay and bad characters.

FF13: OMG! Final Fantasy sux now! Look at how bland the story and characters are.

FF14 will probably suck because it's an MMO. Can someone predict why FF15 will suck?

Point being, fans get really pissed with each installment and it's getting tiresome. One game does not spell fail for the rest of the series.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Mr Puggsly said:
chocoloco said:

FF loses "mojo" from the fans with almost every release. Side games included like Dirge of Cerberus, Crystal Chronicles, etc.

With that said, sales don't seem to have been affected that much. Still the most popular RPG series.

True, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all ff dropped in sales since VII. I know XIII sold well because its multiplat, but I don't think it will recover from the dissapointment of this last one. Also I admidt that after years without a new ff people will forget its mediocroty, but if versus comes out in 2011 I will still strongly remember my dislike for 13 and not buy versus.

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:
Jordahn said:

I disagree since quality exclusive games such as Demon's Souls, Heavy Rain, and Valkyria Chronicles have been successful financially while considering they sold less than FFXIII combined.  I picked these games as examples because they sold less than FFXIII combined while also being on the last place console (PS3 of course).  Also, these games cater to their fans.  And if ratings are a strong factor to some, these games received a higher average rating per title than FFXIII.  I'm not saying SE cannot go exclusive.  In fact, I praise them for going multi-platform with FFXIII when the 360 version announcement was first made.  But nothing you are saying holds water in the belief of the requirement of going multi-platform when making an HD game.

SE has made many games that failed financially, they didn't meet expectations (but they don't say this openly to the public) The amount of assets  FFXII uses are far more than many of the games you mentioned, with Heavy Rain as an exception (However Sony is the publisher, so we can't say how much is the profit when you publish a game on your own console, right?)

SE is known to spend a lot of money on their games, far more than many other developers. While profit may not be the main reason for going multiplatform, it surely is one of the goals (after all the acquisitions and stuff)

I also think that SE spends a lot of money to make their games, but do they really need to?  I really don't know, and I'm not in a position to tell them how to run their business  But if other companies can spend less and continue to successfully function to help cater to their fans, then great.  So SE still doesn't have to go multi-platform.  Again, not saying they shouldn't.  I'm just respectfully disagreeing with you that companies don't always have to go to "out of ordinary" measures to financially survive.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Packie said:
Ajescent said:
Packie said:

Im still stunned that some people act this crazy over a medicore terrible game.

yup...I went there...

Thanks for the fix.

Let me guess.  You were trying to be nice, right?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

chocoloco said:
Mr Puggsly said:
chocoloco said:

True, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all ff dropped in sales since VII. I know XIII sold well because its multiplat, but I don't think it will recover from the dissapointment of this last one. Also I admidt that after years without a new ff people will forget its mediocroty, but if versus comes out in 2011 I will still strongly remember my dislike for 13 and not buy versus.

no in order of sales from FF7
FF7>FF10>FF8>FF13>FFXII>FFIX

the_bloodwalker said:
Jordahn said:

I disagree since quality exclusive games such as Demon's Souls, Heavy Rain, and Valkyria Chronicles have been successful financially while considering they sold less than FFXIII combined.  I picked these games as examples because they sold less than FFXIII combined while also being on the last place console (PS3 of course).  Also, these games cater to their fans.  And if ratings are a strong factor to some, these games received a higher average rating per title than FFXIII.  I'm not saying SE cannot go exclusive.  In fact, I praise them for going multi-platform with FFXIII when the 360 version announcement was first made.  But nothing you are saying holds water in the belief of the requirement of going multi-platform when making an HD game.

SE has made many games that failed financially, they didn't meet expectations (but they don't say this openly to the public) The amount of assets  FFXII uses are far more than many of the games you mentioned, with Heavy Rain as an exception (However Sony is the publisher, so we can't say how much is the profit when you publish a game on your own console, right?)

SE is known to spend a lot of money on their games, far more than many other developers. While profit may not be the main reason for going multiplatform, it surely is one of the goals (after all the acquisitions and stuff)

SE also charges a premium for Final Fantasy and an even bigger premium for Dragon Quest. FF released in Japan aronud 95USD (a lot of yen, can't remember how much, was a while back when I did calculation) and Dragon Quest IX, a DS game, at over 100USD. They made at least 60$ per copy at launch. No doubt about that and launch sales were 1.5M for japan alone. If they didn't profit, SE has a problem...

Wow PS3 FF fans take there exclusives seriously.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!