By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Think The New 360 S Will Sell 1st Month?

A crapton, it actually is keeping features and adding on to them. We won't know because there's 3 models though. I think it'll be 50% New, 30% Arcade, and atleast 20% old SKUs.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

It actually looks even fatter than the old one ! Stop calling it slim as it ain't slimmer !

i think the new version of the 360 will sell around 1 million in its 1st full month of sales.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

gun711 said:

It actually looks even fatter than the old one ! Stop calling it slim as it ain't slimmer !

if it isnt slimmer then how could it fit into the 360 case

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

yea with all the preorders i would say it can sell 2.5 million units in the 1st month with the slim alone. also the arcade will be flying off the shelf since its cheaper than the wii. I mean a month after the UK release so 2 months total

End of 2010 Predictions

Microsoft-45.4M

Nintendo-75.6M

Sony-40.2M

(Made on 6-10-2010)

Around the Network

yea,around 1 milion seems reasonable but with the discounted models the total for all 360's could be huge.

let alone halo reach will make it so massive it wont explode :P

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

I think some people are expecting too much from this new 360 model.  Yes, it will boost sales.  But, it will be nowhere near what the PS3 Slim did.  The Slim did well because not only was it a significantly smaller model of the PS3, but it also lowered the price of the PS3 to $299.  A price-cut many were waiting for.  I'm goin to agree with some and say that 500K-600K seems to be about right for first months worth of sales.

IMO it will do under 1 million first month... its summer, the price remained the same,and the old models will go out in bigger ammounts then this one, simply because you can find one at half the price...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

$300 isn't cheap for what is primarily old tech.  The 360 just doesn't generate the same level of fan furor that PS nation manages either.  As stated it's summer, there is no associated price drop and a lot less fanfare.  I'll guess aound 850k all sku's for 4 wks. starting now.  If we ever see a breakdown it would be roughly 45% new, 40% arcade and 15% Elites maybe. 

It will take a while to clear the old models out if that's what they're doing.  Has anyone actually read that they will cease production on the arcade altogether?  It seems pretty cold to leave people with expensive new harddrives and no possibility of buying a replacement box.  What happens to E74 or rrod warrantys?  Will they hold back some of the old models for the repair channel because they won't be able to replace them with the new version.  A lot of questions without answers.

I don't see the new box at $199 for a year or more.  A stripped down version maybe but the full feature will probably be at $250 for the holidays and the Kinect bundle at $350?  Again that leaves them with nothing at $200 if the arcade is cleared out and discontinued completely.  Hope they know what they're doing because this feels rushed to me.  They seem to be reacting to and copying from their competition rather than thinking long-term.  A lot of off-topic but I needed a vent.  One thing for sure is the chartz just got a lot more interesting.

150% more than the usual

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising