By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Think The New 360 S Will Sell 1st Month?

It could double them? Since sales are not so high ATM it wouldn't take nearly as much to double them in the very short term as current Xbox 360 owners rush into the stores to replace/upgrade their machines alongside people buying the now cheaper Xbox 360 Arcades and Elites.

Tease.

Around the Network
Recon1O1 said:

$300 isn't cheap for what is primarily old tech.  The 360 just doesn't generate the same level of fan furor that PS nation manages either.  As stated it's summer, there is no associated price drop and a lot less fanfare.  I'll guess aound 850k all sku's for 4 wks. starting now.  If we ever see a breakdown it would be roughly 45% new, 40% arcade and 15% Elites maybe. 

It will take a while to clear the old models out if that's what they're doing.  Has anyone actually read that they will cease production on the arcade altogether?  It seems pretty cold to leave people with expensive new harddrives and no possibility of buying a replacement box.  What happens to E74 or rrod warrantys?  Will they hold back some of the old models for the repair channel because they won't be able to replace them with the new version.  A lot of questions without answers.

I don't see the new box at $199 for a year or more.  A stripped down version maybe but the full feature will probably be at $250 for the holidays and the Kinect bundle at $350?  Again that leaves them with nothing at $200 if the arcade is cleared out and discontinued completely.  Hope they know what they're doing because this feels rushed to me.  They seem to be reacting to and copying from their competition rather than thinking long-term.  A lot of off-topic but I needed a vent.  One thing for sure is the chartz just got a lot more interesting.

imediatly after arcade runs out i think they will have a stripped down version at 199. it would be so dumb to have the cheapest console at 149 one week and then 300 the next

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

BHR-3 said:
Iveyboi said:

The PS3 slim has built in wifi. Do your research

as of now it only supports b/g not n wireless networks n is the fastest available do ur research thats why it says wireless n in the op and not just wireless

You have a faster than 108M connection?  Why do you need N?

Unless your router (Which also has to be N) is more than ~125 feet away you will so no benefit going from G to N, except for LAN transfers, but for most people G is sufficient - granted I guarantee a lot of sheep.. errr I mean people will get it just because it has wifi now, and it is "N"

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

WOW @ All these people predicting 2 million....

I am willing to do a BANNING bet that it will not sell 2 million in the first month...

As they used to say either PUT UP or SHUT UP

Must have at least 500 posts for the above bet

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

what did it sell last month? 

That Plus 50% thats my bet or 1.5 times as much as last month

Around the Network
Tanstalas said:
BHR-3 said:
Iveyboi said:

as of now it only supports b/g not n wireless networks n is the fastest available do ur research thats why it says wireless n in the op and not just wireless

Unless your router (Which also has to be N) is more than ~125 feet away you will so no benefit going from G to N, except for LAN transfers, but for most people G is sufficient - granted I guarantee a lot of sheep.. errr I mean people will get it just because it has wifi now, and it is "N"

thats good to know im not a pc guy dont know the exact benefits of N some say its benefits are while streaming content, most routers are N now, also sony will introduce a new ps3 sku and it also will support N dont know y sony and MS are including it if it wont really do anything

Play Me

Tanstalas said:

WOW @ All these people predicting 2 million....

I am willing to do a BANNING bet that it will not sell 2 million in the first month...

As they used to say either PUT UP or SHUT UP

Must have at least 500 posts for the above bet

well thats y i said it would do 2m in the OP i was trying to convince some even though i didnt agree

you should change it to 1m or 1.5 then you might get an offer i dont think noone will bet you at 2m

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
Tanstalas said:
BHR-3 said:
Iveyboi said:

thats good to know im not a pc guy dont know the exact benefits of N some say its benefits are while streaming content, most routers are N now, also sony will introduce a new ps3 sku and it also will support N dont know y sony and MS are including it if it wont really do anything

its all future proofing eventualy internet speeds will reach high enough to use N and then it will be worth it... AND besides all that people who streem media to their xbox/ps3 will want that i stream media to my ps3 ALL THE TIME and i could EASILY use a N router :D would definitly improve the experience

Donutsticks said:

2 million consoles during the middle of summer.... I doubt it. Maybe double  the number that its putting out now and alot of those systems will be to people upgrading their old system.

btw, if sony announces a new system it will probably increase sales a good deal to. ps3 has been alot hotter than the 360 for a  long time now.

Uh Oh if it gets hotter then a 360 it'll melt! Zing! (jk lol :P)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

First month? 

1.1 million

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson