By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Think The New 360 S Will Sell 1st Month?

I'm not throwing out any numbers here and percentage increases are maybe not the best gauge as it's been pointed out that 360 sales have been at historic lows prior to E3.

Also valid is the point that the 360 250GB is the same price as the Elite it's replacing, meaning the majority of the buyers will be current owners of the 360.

Of course a sale is a sale for the purpose of hardware tracking regardless of whether it's going to a first time buyer, or That Guy who claims to be on his 11th Xbox 360 and/or has an Xbox in every room of the house.

New buyers will be jumping on the inventory clearing sales of the previous models though. $150 for the Spring Arcade bundle is a casual purchase, and many of these buyers are probably interested in buying Kinect upon release.

So the inventory levels on $149 Arcades will probably have a fair effect on the hardware numbers until levels start to thin out.

Not so sure about the 120GB Elite at $249, as it only represents a $50 savings over the new model with a larger HDD and more importantly, built in WiFi for those who need it.

I'm guessing that inventory levels on both SKUs can't be extraordinarily high if MS planned the launch of the 250GB SKU properly, but we'll see how long they last.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:

I wont do so well because current 360 owners may be wary of of getting it as there is no way to transfer their save files from their old console. This is definitely the reason im not even considering it,

yes theres is it even comes with the cable or save em on a usb then put em on a PC if you have to get rid of ur old one

Play Me

SecondWar said:

I wont do so well because current 360 owners may be wary of of getting it as there is no way to transfer their save files from their old console. This is definitely the reason im not even considering it,

The new consoles supposedly come with the HDD transfer cable.

GameStop will even let you hang onto your HDD for 7 days if you do the trade in thing. You get your credit back when you turn in your old HDD.

Plus, your purchases and content are tied to your account, not your console so the only thing you really need to back up are your game saves/progress, which I think (someone verify) can be backed up to a USB flash drive.

I don't know how much it will increase but I imagine the price cut versions will sell better..

Something is telling me that the 360 Slim is not the success MS wants it to be.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i think the new version of the 360 will sell around 1 million in its 1st full month of sales.

That's my number. I don't think that it will be so much becouse we had no price drop like Ps3 that came down U$ 100 at that time (when Ps3 slim came).

Silver-Tiger said:

A lot of people were expecting a big price drop to accompany the new model.

Despite what some have claimed, the $100 price reduction on the PS3 Slim had more of an effect on consumers than the smaller package as it finally brought the console in line with what many are willing to pay.

While the added features of the new 360 for the same price are a big bonus, wrapped in what I think is a much more attractive package, it's still the same price making it a hard sell to those who were counting on picking up a new console at a big discount like the PS3 Slim.

But MS will still move a lot of the redesigned consoles to current 360 owners who don't think much of replacing or buying an extra console.

They'll also move a lot of discounted Arcade SKUs while inventory lasts as $150 is an extremely good buy, even without HDD.

MS could potentially discount the new model by $50 concurrent with the debut of Kinect as well, although it's looking like the "discount" will only be on consoles bundled with Kinect.

Word from retailers seems to be that the Arcade/Kinect and 250GB/Kinect SKUs will be priced $299 and $399 accordingly.

Small increase, but not much.

Silver-Tiger said:

We don't even have any data yet??

Over the next 4 weeks, I'll guess 550k.

That's close to a 50% increase or so. Nothing too amazing, but it'll continue to sell about on par with the PS3 until August or so (assuming no further price cuts from either side).