By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Think The New 360 S Will Sell 1st Month?

if amazon hourly is some sort of indication, this will sell a lot i think

7 week in top 5, all top 3 now is xbox related

Around the Network
Seece said:
Silver-Tiger said:

Something is telling me that the 360 Slim is not the success MS wants it to be.

We don't even have any data yet??

I'm not talking about numbers. Just my feeling, my guts are telling me.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Im thinking that in America sales will double for weeks 1 and 2, week 3 and 4 will be up 50% YoY, then 25% YoY until the old stock runs out then either 15% with a $199 360S or -15% if nothing is announced.

In Europe i can see the 360 being up 50% pre 360S launch and 250% week 1, 100% week 2, 50% week 3, then 15% decreasing to -15% until Microsoft brings back a ~$199 model.

In Japan i expect the 360S to move an extra 30,000 - 40,000 consoles over 4-6 weeks.

revovichfan12 said:

I like how there's some 360 fanboy posting about how much better the new 360 is than the slim because its not

Ok now it has built in wifi, something ps3 has had from the beginning. It has 250 gb harddrive, something slim already has and they will announce 250 gb to be the 299 model for slim as well today at sony's press conference. i'll bet money

Can xbox play bluray? no. 3D is in an evolution on the bluray platform therefore it will be a very big dissadvantage for xbox to be stuck in dvd.

basically the idea of the new xbox is to simplify everything. They have so many models of the xbox its confusing to the consumer so they just want to have one line of xboxs for now. it'll make everything more simple. Its good that Kinect and the new xbox look a lot alike because that'll be an interest for the consumer come this holiday

Casual people & most hardcore gamers don't care about 3D WTF....As for Blu-Ray why people still arguin about this people who have blu-ray movies already have a blu-ray player so the 360 doesn't need one...The next gen consoles will all have blu-ray i'm sure excludin maybe Nintendo

Tanstalas said:
BHR-3 said:
Iveyboi said:

The PS3 slim has built in wifi. Do your research

as of now it only supports b/g not n wireless networks n is the fastest available do ur research thats why it says wireless n in the op and not just wireless

You have a faster than 108M connection?  Why do you need N?

Unless your router (Which also has to be N) is more than ~125 feet away you will so no benefit going from G to N, except for LAN transfers, but for most people G is sufficient - granted I guarantee a lot of sheep.. errr I mean people will get it just because it has wifi now, and it is "N"

my router is actually "N" hooked to cable modem, but i use an ethernet cable anyway

i dont like gamin with wifi

Around the Network
SecondWar said:

I wont do so well because current 360 owners may be wary of of getting it as there is no way to transfer their save files from their old console. This is definitely the reason im not even considering it,

u can transfer ur stuff to the new console lmfao

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/19/microsoft-confirms-199-for-new-xbox-360-kinect-bundles-coming/

Microsoft has confirmed that a $199 version of new Xbox 360 will be coming in the fall toreplace the now-$149 Arcade

D-Joe said:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/19/microsoft-confirms-199-for-new-xbox-360-kinect-bundles-coming/

Microsoft has confirmed that a $199 version of new Xbox 360 will be coming in the fall toreplace the now-$149 Arcade

This was pretty much a given.

MS can't turn back the clock since they already introduced a $199 SKU.

Waiting for confirmation on the $299 Kinect/Arcade bundle and $399 Kinect/250GB bundle.

The Gamestop I work at sold out of our original shipment the day we got it and we already have ten pre-ordered systems for the next batch, in other words we will sell out of the model the day it ships to our stores the second time.

Also for the record we are already sitting at 18 new pre-orders for Kinect at my store since E3.  

If this is any indication as to how things are going globably for MS right now their Holiday is going to be massive, however this is just one store, though I do know our entire district sold of the new 360 within 2 days of original shipment. 

makingmusic476 said:

We'll never know, since sales of the older SKUs at $149/$249 will be mixed with the Slim figures.

This.

Unless NPD actually offer a breakdown between the old 360s on fire-sale and the new 360 Slims, we'll never know.

As for Europe, there's no way of telling whatsoever.