By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Think The New 360 S Will Sell 1st Month?

Don't expect a big increase. The reason the PS3 slim did so well is not only the redesign but the $100 price drop. The 360 slim is the same price as before and people care more about price than value. So even though the new 360 has increased value I think the lack of price drop will mean no sales increase.

Around the Network

but the most important part of this is the 150.00 arcade which is the cheapest console on the market right now itwill sell like crazy.

End of 2010 Predictions

Microsoft-45.4M

Nintendo-75.6M

Sony-40.2M

(Made on 6-10-2010)

Tanstalas said:

WOW @ All these people predicting 2 million....

I am willing to do a BANNING bet that it will not sell 2 million in the first month...

As they used to say either PUT UP or SHUT UP

Must have at least 500 posts for the above bet

So your logic is that people shouldn't post their predictions in a prediction thread if they aren't willing to risk being banned for them?

What does first month constitute? June 19th - July 10th sales numbers (that's 4 weeks)

Anywho ...it's selling around 100k weekly atm, so I'll say 700k, and that's due to the arcade/elite price cut more than the slim.

kowenicki said:

Some ridiculousluy high "predictions" in here

Its summer... its not a price cut for the new model... why would they sell massively more?

ya, bookmarked for when certain people say "well, it didn't live up to the hype ect ect"

Around the Network
Seece said:

What does first month constitute? June 19th - July 10th sales numbers (that's 4 weeks)

Anywho ...it's selling around 100k weekly atm, so I'll say 700k, and that's due to the arcade/elite price cut more than the slim.

yeah its kinda hard to do b/c its not releasing the same time WW but we should get NA numbers next week including a full week of 360S and discontinued 360s sales, wonder if it will matter in EU will the sales be higher this month b/c the older skus got priced dropped or will it get more sales next month when 360s releases wait did they even drop the prices of the old skus in EU?  articles never method pound or euro prices just dollar

Play Me

not a fan of 360 by anymeans, but i think it's the perfect time to release 360 slim. they can slow sony's lead down durring the summer and if the base is there maybe they'll be predictions already posted on this site by other gamers.

im still not convinced that the casual gamers will flock to the console or Kinect. but they do have the launch pad to get them as does sony now.

it still all depends on the software.

so i think the 2010 end yr predictions and sells won't change at all.

PS3 46m

360 48m

I wont do so well because current 360 owners may be wary of of getting it as there is no way to transfer their save files from their old console. This is definitely the reason im not even considering it,

650K first month. We'll see? :)

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

I think about 2.3 million

but if It gets bundlled right it may even do 5 million