By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Think The New 360 S Will Sell 1st Month?

The slim by itself wont outsell the PS3 slim, but with the price drop on the other 2 models... If Sony doesn't lower price on PS3 they will be outsold by M$ for the rest of the year.

Around the Network

There will no doubt be a big increase, but remember there is still Japan to drag it down. I say around 1 million first month. 800k second month, then it'll return more or less to normal #s of around 500k a month. This is worldwide of course.

It will not do as well as the PS3 slim because there is no pricecut, and 360 has been around a year longer.

Oh and by this I mean TOTAL 360 sales, new and old models.

Every single Gamestop is sold out at this point and sold out for the next shipment. The 4 Bestuys in my area all sold out in a day and they all had a hefty 20 to 45 units apiece. That is not even counting the older models that got price drops.

I don't know guys, this is shaping up to be MASSIVE.

quaiky said:

of the extra features you mentioned the onlything interestiong for most new buyers is the wireless, and for most people it won't matter if its n or aan older g wlan since they don't have internet connections fast enough that this makes a difference.

ps3 slim also mainly boosted sales cause it pushed the ps3 price into a lower price region which opened up new customers. for the new xbox thats not the case so i don't think it will do much after an intial bum from those peopels taht want to replace tehir old 360.

Isn't wireless n the only wireless that can stream hd content? I thought that was the big advantage over the g standard.

also, wireless n has greater range, soooo wireless should matter a great deal to consumers.

Kinect! who needs video games!

i dont think maney will actualy upgrade because you cant yous your old hardrive for new xbox unlike ps3 slim where you could. i think it will bost sales a little but not by that much.

Around the Network
Donutsticks said:

2 million consoles during the middle of summer.... I doubt it. Maybe double  the number that its putting out now and alot of those systems will be to people upgrading their old system.

btw, if sony announces a new system it will probably increase sales a good deal to. ps3 has been alot hotter than the 360 for a  long time now.

I hope your talking world wide like in Japan or something...Because if your taking North American sales charts your dead wrong.  360 manages to out sell PS3 month after month here.  I don't even remember the last time PS3 finished above the 360 here in North America.

That is one of the good strategy to announce something ike this in the summer to spur game system sales.  You will sell many more systems in the summer than usually sell...and your have even stronger sales numbers in the fall...

Sony wont announce a new system anytime soon or new variation of the PS3... already announced the Slim and wasn't able to even out sell the older model of 360...It will not out sell the new model.

i think 5 million by the end of the year easy

End of 2010 Predictions

Microsoft-45.4M

Nintendo-75.6M

Sony-40.2M

(Made on 6-10-2010)

1,000,000 units first month