By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Think The New 360 S Will Sell 1st Month?

StokedUp said:

the thing is most of these are going to be existing xbox360 owners, so although it might look good in hardware sales its all going to be irrelevent as i dont think many will be new customers therefore decreasing the attach ratio for software to hardware

Welcome to every redesign ever.  GB Pocket, PSone, GBA SP, PS2 slim, DS Lite, DSi XL, PSP2k, PS3 slim, etc.  There's always a huge percentage of existing userbase "upgrades"... but what also tends to happen is that the vast majority of those old systems are recirculated as well (either through secondary markets or gifted) and as such the real userbase actually grows still.

Around the Network

10-20% more for one year.

Good numbers

Doobie_wop said:

Why would Microsoft just cut the price of their new slim model after a couple of month's? Seem's kinda stupid to release a price and then cut it down straight after release. Who can also prove that Microsoft are still making a profit off the new model? From what I've seen it's got more added features and it's design look's more expensive to develop, which is why I don't think they dropped the price at E3.

beause when supply runs out of old models they will only have 1 sku at $300. its completly madness to raise the price of the cheapest model. i think they will either cut the slim to 199 or release a slim arcade at 199.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

How are you going to separate out the existing 360 sales from the slim especially when they're sold concurrently?  The existing models being discounted of course.  Overall, I'd say sales will double in the first month from the current a mount so about 250K/week so about 0.9 million for the first month.

hduser said:

How are you going to separate out the existing 360 sales from the slim especially when they're sold concurrently?  The existing models being discounted of course.  Overall, I'd say sales will double in the first month from the current a mount so about 250K/week so about 0.9 million for the first month.

guess we cant same thing when ps3 hit 1.4m in sep 09 some where $299 80gb fats and $349 160gb uncharted bundles

Play Me

Around the Network

Ugh, i'm reminded as to why i took a break from VGChartz.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

BHR-3 said:
hduser said:

guess we cant same thing when ps3 hit 1.4m in sep 09 some where $299 80gb fats and $349 160gb uncharted bundles

It's not quite the same.  Sony cleared out it's supply channel prior to PS3 slim and the phat PS3 became a bit scarce.  Also, the PS3 slim was the worst kept secret so people were anticipating it generating a pent up demand.  The 360 supply seems plentiful before the 360 slim and the rumor were there about the slim but it wasn't that strong.  The PS3 slim came with an official price drop where the 360 slim slid into the Elite slot with extra features.  Similar but different scenarios.

The PS3 slim has built in wifi. Do your research

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Iveyboi said:

The PS3 slim has built in wifi. Do your research

as of now it only supports b/g not n wireless networks n is the fastest available do ur research thats why it says wireless n in the op and not just wireless

Play Me

We'll never know, since sales of the older SKUs at $149/$249 will be mixed with the Slim figures.