By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Activision's GoldenEye title a remake of the N64 classic

Ah if it is a remake it will be easily my favorite FPS. It is one of the few non RE games I really like enough to beat.

Around the Network
ExtremeBrawler said:

Confirmed by Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-goldeneye-game-in-november

So,Goldeneye for Wii AND for DS.

So,Live Arcade version will be DS version with AA filter and Live implemented. :D

The plot thickens. I wonder if it will be exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Rhonin the wizard said:
ExtremeBrawler said:

Confirmed by Eurogamer

So,Live Arcade version will be DS version with AA filter and Live implemented. :D

The plot thickens. I wonder if it will be exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Ahhhhh... November? The same time as Black Ops? So Activision is giving Wii owners two shooters in a month when normally they have a hard time giving the console one a year.

tickle me golden if this is true

I dunno, what about licensing issues?

morenoingrato said:

I dunno, what about licensing issues?

heres my theory.

When Microsoft purchased Rare from Nintendo they put in a clause that allows Rare to make portable games for Nintendo (example: Diddy Kong Racing DS, Viva Pinata DS, etc) so the agreement they probably reached was that Rare can give over the code for the DS and XBL versions so as to satisfy both Nintendo and Microsoft and Activision would have to build the Wii version from the ground up.

just my theory

Around the Network
ExtremeBrawler said:

Confirmed by Eurogamer

No fraking way :| OH my... =')

Hopefully this is true. It would be nice to have another James Bond game for the Wii. Quantum of Solace was not bad, but not as good as some of the other James Bond games.

disolitude said:
amp316 said:

Too bad Daniel Craig wasn't really in GoldenEye.  It would have been a better movie.

OT  I'd buy this immediately.

I don't know. You sure about that?  Back then Bond had grace and wasn't an inconsiderate dirtbag...

You are an awesome user, but don't argue with a guy who has Sean Connery as his avatar about James Bond stuff lol

@ Dixie Kong

I didn't play QoS. Was it at least fun? I hear the gameplay and graphics were lacking in the middle levels.

If this is in fact true, I can't wait for the backlash on this from gaming press and fanatics about how this sucks lol.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:

If this is in fact true, I can't wait for the backlash on this from gaming press and fanatics about how this sucks lol.

Oh, yeah. All the "wasted potential" lines.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs